Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Storm View Post
    Any luckTG ?
    Yep. When I get home, I'll post more. Spotty reception. Wish I could have stayed the night. But Pickles needs feeding.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Well, hurry up! We will be on the Nolan Monday, or on Aquilla.

Comment

This was the only fish I caught on a jig today. Click image for larger version

Name:	20210327_143920.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	24648485Click image for larger version

Name:	20210327_143925.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	24648486

Comment

The pics above were the only ones I remembered to take. I did hook another big cat on a jig in the same hole I caught the one above. It was on 6lb line. And pretty much just did what it wanted to. Ran a straight line away. Then pulled loose.

Took me a little while to find some fish that wanted to eat! But when I finally did, caught a little of everything. 3-10 FOW. And it was "ON" till it got dark.

In all, took 3 doz minners with me. Brought home 5 minners, and 6 blues (smallest was 15"), half doz nice crappie (through back a lot of 10 to 10-1/4" fish), few sandies, and a 19" striper. No green trash fish, thank you ! If you fish with minners, get the med or large. The little ones will only get you dink fish. And there's a ton of those. I had a few small minners in with the mediums. And that is all they would catch. Dink fish were even hiting the dead minners. But the bigger fish only wanted the larger minners. I rigged dead minners time and again just to see what would bite them. And it was dink crappie every time. I've got no idea how many I might have caught. I did get tired of catching dinks in this one spot. They were all 8 to 9-1/2" . But if I threw to either side of that spot, I sometimes did a bit better. And there was no telling what would bite.

I'm glad I didn't stay any later. Left the hole about 7:15. Forgot about the weather forecast. Water was like glass all the way to the ramp.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
            This was the only fish I caught on a jig today.

I was Out Saturday also. We were obviously in different places. I caught around 25-30 fish all on crappie jigs, 6 different species, with around 10 being LMB. Fixin to head back out now and see what the chilly night did to the bite.

Comment

Looks to be a beautiful weekend coming up.

Comment

I need to get the boat out of storage and go chase some fishes. Probably after archery league is done.

Comment

Tomorrow would be a "Good Friday" to be on the water. So, I'ma take-n Good Friday off work . You might can find me in someone else's boat, this time . I'll be on the road about noonish.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                    Tomorrow would be a "Good Friday" to be on the water. So, I'ma take-n Good Friday off work . You might can find me in someone else's boat, this time . I'll be on the road about noonish.
                    Wasting 1/2 day, you're getting soft!

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                      Wasting 1/2 day, you're getting soft!

Not soft! Just more ef"fish"ent!

Not my choice . I'm not driving. I'm not in my boat. I'm not wasting the first half of the day. I've been catching plenty in the evenings. I have things that need to be done in that first half that Uncle Sam will appreciate . There are plenty of things to do, or that need done so that I can go on a weekend day when not so many people will be out there . I saw a lot of people packed up today to go to the lake for the weekend, today. I suspect Sat and Sunday will be crowded since the weather is scheduled to be nice. I'll wait for a less populated Saturday or Sunday to go. It's a Good Friday to take off.

Hope my new motor for the GMC is done soon! Gonna have a whole bunch more ponies under the hood. Got the interior gutted for a new remodel too. Then a newer box on the back.
                      Last edited by Texas Grown; 04-01-2021, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Went "catching" again yesterday . Lots of good sandies in the 12-15" range. Few were in the 11" range. Maybe 2 or 3 dink sandies total. All were spawned out. Only a few crappie this time with a few good keepers. No jig bites at all on either. No cats or stripers this time either.

Comment

Grandbury is releasing water at 459 cfs. Wish they had started doing that last Wed. And before I went "catching" Friday.
                          But that's OK. I'm OK with how it went.

Comment

Looks like the wind should only be 5-10 mph tomorrow (Thur) so I think I'll get the boat out. Got busy with work the past month or so and haven't been out much at all. Hoping to get into some stripers.
                            I did get squeeze in two quick outings to the Nolan for sand bass a couple of weeks back, and did pretty well. Wasn't much of a run this year, just not enough water flowing.

Comment

Grandbury's release was a short one. Back to the norm for this year, almost nothing.

Most gooda luqu to ya tomarrow roadscholar. Wind ain't looking good for me this weekend. May go in and work again. Mo money = mo hunt-n and catch-n stuff gear.

Comment

Thanks TG, I'll post results of my outing, good or bad!

Comment

Working...
                                X