No announcement yet.

Pellet grill wood choice ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For anyone thinkin about crossing over to the dark side and buying a pellet grill/smoker, you’d be doing yourself a disservice if you didn’t look at and consider the Oklahoma Joe Rider DLX

It is an awesome smoker/gril

Comment

Originally posted by K. Lane View Post
      For anyone thinkin about crossing over to the dark side and buying a pellet grill/smoker, you’d be doing yourself a disservice if you didn’t look at and consider the Oklahoma Joe Rider DLX

It is an awesome smoker/gril

https://www.oklahomajoes.com/rider-d...8aAiKhEALw_wcB
      I just bought a Green Mountain yesterday. Kinda wished I have seen this one first. I have had two of their wood smokers and loved them. Im sure this one is just as good.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Lumberjack competition blend for 80% of my cooks. I'll also use the hickory & apple pellets on occassion.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Lumberjack for me. Supreme or competition blend. Lean toward the supreme blend more

Comment

I’ve only used lumberjack competition blend but I saw B&B at HEB yesterday and got curious. I will buy some of that next to try it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
              I’ve had great cooks with both the RECTEC and B&B completion blends on beef, pork and poultry. Straight Hickory is great for pork as well. I just picked up 80#’s of the B&B at Academy today for 30 bucks. Both are low ash and produce good heat.

What? I’ve been paying $20 for 40 lbs B&B at Academy

Comment

I’ve always used B&B or Traeger brand. I want to try Lumberjack, but can’t seem to find them in my area.

Comment

Originally posted by MesquiteBean View Post
                  I’ve always used B&B or Traeger brand. I want to try Lumberjack, but can’t seem to find them in my area.

I just picked a bag up from Allied Kenco since I was out. In the past I've always got in on a bulk buy. You need to buy a ton at a time, but we usually split it in 1/2 or 1/4 once delivered. Saves a few bucks and then you have enough to last a while.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
                    I just picked a bag up from Allied Kenco since I was out. In the past I've always got in on a bulk buy. You need to buy a ton at a time, but we usually split it in 1/2 or 1/4 once delivered. Saves a few bucks and then you have enough to last a while.

That’s the way to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by texaset View Post
                      I haven't had much luck with any pellets I have used . Not sure if its the brand or what ? I use the Hickory and no flavor at all . Cooks great and has smoke ring but no smoke flavor at all . What is the smoke tube ??

Just snagged one from the Lowe’s store.

Comment

Originally posted by mechhead View Post
                        Just snagged one from the Lowe’s store.

Thata boy! Grab you some germ x and you’re good to go

Comment

Just about all pellets for these things are compressed oak. Then they add “ flavoring” that dont really change the flavor. Some of the lumber jack pellets are supposed to be actually fruit wood. That is what I find to be the best, but find if I am smoking something a smoke daddy with real chips along with the pellets work far far better. It’s kind of a pain baby sitting the smoke daddy when using it.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                            I’ve had great cooks with both the RECTEC and B&B completion blends on beef, pork and poultry. Straight Hickory is great for pork as well. I just picked up 80#’s of the B&B at Academy today for 30 bucks. Both are low ash and produce good heat.

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                            What? I’ve been paying $20 for 40 lbs B&B at Academy
                            Just left there and got 40# for $14.99. Can’t beat it. Thanks. I use the B&B pecan for everything

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                              Just about all pellets for these things are compressed oak. Then they add “ flavoring” that dont really change the flavor. Some of the lumber jack pellets are supposed to be actually fruit wood. That is what I find to be the best, but find if I am smoking something a smoke daddy with real chips along with the pellets work far far better. It’s kind of a pain baby sitting the smoke daddy when using it.

Lumberjack brand has some blends but they also have some 100% of whatever wood they have. They don’t use binders, fillers or anything unnatural. They include every part of the tree including the bark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                                X