Maven binos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
    How are the eyecups on the Mavens? Are they loose and rattle without a solid lockup? How have they held up for you guys who bought them.

I'm looking at the Vipers, Luppy BX4, Monarch's... all in 10x42 and around the $500 price range. I'm not paying over $500 for china crap.
    Sam, I can send you my Maven B1 10x42. They are my back ups, you can use them and see if you like them.

Comment

whats the going price on the B10x42 mavens? I know MSRP, but what would be a good price to pay for them? I seriously need to upgrade my binos

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
        whats the going price on the B10x42 mavens? I know MSRP, but what would be a good price to pay for them? I seriously need to upgrade my binos
        Best I've found is 950 on Amazon

Thinking about these pretty hard. Was in market for swarovski 10x42 el. 1600 difference!!

I'm using Monarch 10x42 waterproof 7s now. Love to try them next to these Mavens.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
          Sam, I can send you my Maven B1 10x42. They are my back ups, you can use them and see if you like them.
          I may take you up on that or have my buddy meet you.....he comes thru Floresville on his way to the lease.

I'm gonna go look this weekend......I'm liking what I'm reading on the BX4's and Mavens.

The eyecup issue on my Diamondbacks might be minor to some folks....but it irritates the hail outta me.

Comment

Maven binos

My 2 cents. I live and die by the glass. I once drove 3 hours realized I left my glass at home, turned back to go get my swaros. I’m a straight desert rat. That’s what I like. Whether I’m in California, or Idaho to New Mexico and everywhere in between. I hunt desert units that requires glassing. Period. Whether it’s elk, mule deer, sheep to bears.
            Glass to pick depends on the application.I run the swaros 15x56 on a tripod. And my chest pack is just a pair of 10x42 leupolds. Big difference. When I sit down to glass it might be 1-8 hours before I stand back up. Being in glass that long, requires good glass. Swaros are easy on the eyes. Go look through a pair of maven for that long and tell me how bad your eyes hurt. It’s good glass, but it’s just that good glass. Not in the same game as swaro.
            So if your gunna run a pair of 10x42 that sits on your chest and might throw it on a tripod for a hour or so to glass. And use here to look at deer at a feeder, Save your money run the maven. But if your looking for glass to really glass with and that’s the main purpose of them. Spend the extra money, your eyes will thank you!
            But it’s definetly easier to help with knowing exactly what you wanna do, and what kinda country you wanna Hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by Calihunter1; 12-05-2019, 04:01 PM.

Comment

I'm interested because my votex went out of alignment for the 3rd time... Thinking of using warranty and then selling the new one they send me.

I've heard good things but not a ton

Comment

Originally posted by Calihunter1 View Post
                My 2 cents. I live and die by the glass. I once drove 3 hours realized I left my glass at home, turned back to go get my swaros. I’m a straight desert rat. That’s what I like. Whether I’m in California, or Idaho to New Mexico and everywhere in between. I hunt desert units that requires glassing. Period. Whether it’s elk, mule deer, sheep to bears.
                Glass to pick depends on the application.I run the swaros 15x56 on a tripod. And my chest pack is just a pair of 10x42 leupolds. Big difference. When I sit down to glass it might be 1-8 hours before I stand back up. Being in glass that long, requires good glass. Swaros are easy on the eyes. Go look through a pair of maven for that long and tell me how bad your eyes hurt. It’s good glass, but it’s just that good glass. Not in the same game as swaro.
                So if your gunna run a pair of 10x42 that sits on your chest and might throw it on a tripod for a hour or so to glass. And use here to look at deer at a feeder, Save your money run the maven. But if your looking for glass to really glass with and that’s the main purpose of them. Spend the extra money, your eyes will thank you!
                But it’s definetly easier to help with knowing exactly what you wanna do, and what kinda country you wanna Hunt.

Which Maven's do you own? The B or C series. I do not care for the C series at all.

Comment

I love Maven. I have B series and my daughter has c series binos. Also my daughter has the R1 scope on her hunting rifle. Best scope we have ever owned!!

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                    Maven's are sold direct to consumer, so the price on their website is the price. The one's on amazon come from Maven and they are the same prices.

Comment

I just bought a pair of 10x42 c1 binos and I will see soon how they are.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Calihunter1 View Post

This week will be my 4th Mulie hunt in my 3rd state this year alone, with two personal pronghorn hunts already done, and one more pronghorn on books still for Dec. I also guided 3 other pronghorn hunts. I won’t even count my Whitetails hunts this year.

I live by my glass too. I’ve been fortunate to ran EL, SLC, Maven B2, Vortex Razor HD, Lecia Geovids and Zeiss conquest, in many cases side by side. The comment about Maven’s are simply not true and extremely misleading, to the point one would almost begin to question someone’s actual use of the B2, I’m sure that’s not the case. With that said they are not EL’s or SLC HD’s but they certainly aren’t going to strain your eye unless you can’t adjust the bino to physically fit your eyes properly. Infact none of the bino’s mention above should strain your eyes from optical stand point. If you have any strain it will be caused by ergonomics fit or lack of adjustments via user error

I’m a rarity and prefer the SLC HD over the EL. With that said of the 11/12x I’d rank the Maven’s B2 below the SLC and EL’s, but above Geovids and conquest and Razors HD

15x I’d go SLC, and a very close Zeiss conquest, then Maven, Geovids(wish they make them in the new HD ergonomics)... then the kiababs.

I havent touched the new Vortex U line, or the non ranging Leica line like the Ultravids (which are probably better then Geovids, due to not needing lazer friendly coatings)

The upper end Mavens are an exceptional product for the money, and I would never tell any one they could go wrong with the B2 line, are they Swaros no, but then again no Swaro is twice as good either.

To the OP the only bino from a price perspective I’d put above the B2 is in the 15x line, which would be the Conquest HD. It’s truly an exceptional product for price.

Comment

Working...
                        X