Maven binos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maven binos

I’ve been running vortex viper 10x42’s the last two seasons, and although I’ve been relatively pleased with them I’m thinking of upgrading. Swarovski and Leica are obviously at the top of the list, but I’ve recently been seeing different folks running mavens. For those of you that have experience with mavens, what is your honest opinion of them. Are they a contender in the higher end bino market or should I stick with the Swarovski/Leica option. Also, I’ll be running these binos for western states hunts.

Up for the evening crowd

Comment

Check out this thread. There was some Maven discussion going on.

Comment

They are comparable to the high end binos you mentioned. Especially the “b” series. I have the b’s and my daughter the c’s. Very clear glass. Great in low light conditions. Tons of options to customize them also if you want

Comment

I looked at them at the Safari Club show in Dallas. I was impressed with them for the price.

Comment

Get your hands on a set of Zeiss Conquest HD’s if you’re looking for a serious upgrade but not wanting to spend $1,500-$2,000.

Comment

Thanks for the replies fellas.

Comment

I have the 9x45 and had a set of the 11x45 B.2 they are awesome.. I sold the 11x45 to pay for a set of the 15x56 that is on the way.

I had vortex Razor HD before the mavens and there is no comparison. The mavens are better in every way.. and they eye pieces dont break on them!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                  I have the 9x45 and had a set of the 11x45 B.2 they are awesome.. I sold the 11x45 to pay for a set of the 15x56 that is on the way.

I had vortex Razor HD before the mavens and there is no comparison. The mavens are better in every way.. and they eye pieces dont break on them!!!!!
                  Awesome. How would you compare them to Swarovski?

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff995 View Post
                    Awesome. How would you compare them to Swarovski?

I mean sworos are better. But not much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                      I mean sworos are better. But not much.

Good info. Thanks man.

Comment

How are the C series?

Comment

I field tested the Mavens awhile back. No where near the quality of swaros and Leica. Are they good enough? Yes, but shouldn’t be compared to the high end glass. You get what you pay for.

Comment

Originally posted by samson33 View Post
                            I field tested the Mavens awhile back. No where near the quality of swaros and Leica. Are they good enough? Yes, but shouldn’t be compared to the high end glass. You get what you pay for.

Which ones did you test? The B2 are pretty **** good. Like I said earlier not sworos but way better than the vortex razor hd

Comment

Originally posted by samson33 View Post
                              I beg to differ, having looked through them next to my leica’s. Are they Leica’s? Not quite, but they’re over 90% quality at 30% cost. Pretty good trade off.

Comment

Working...
                              X