2021 Oilfield thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CaprockRoamer View Post
    Please help me understand your logic here. For some of the people I know (disabled veterans that I served in the military with and the elderly whom depend primarily on social security,) that are not able to increase their monthly incomes due to physical inability. How is it fair for them? I’ve personally seen several forced to make the decision of, filling the tank so they can travel to a loved ones event/live a life that does not place an extra burden on those loved ones vs pay the bills on time or keep the pantry full or buy the ridiculously expensive prescription they need.

Please understand, I’m not necessarily advocating for keeping prices low on my behalf, I’m totally capable and willing to find a way to supplement my monthly income, but again, for those that are unable to increase their income. When they have nobody but themselves and a fixed income, and inflation of everything surpasses that fixed income, what is their recourse? How is it fair for them? What are they supposed to do?

Sincerely curious, not trying to “pick a fight.”
    Short answer. You can't make everyone happy. At the prices stated, Texas and it's people as a whole are doing better.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
      Short answer. You can't make everyone happy. At the prices stated, Texas and it's people as a whole are doing better.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk
      Ah, so those that paved the way for many of us Texans are just F.U.C.T. then? As long as those that spend frivolously in order to keep up with the Jones’s are happy, who cares?
      Again, I’m genuinely curious. I’m also guilty of keeping up with the Jones‘s. I simply don’t understand how it’s better for everyone when there are so many that struggle when it does reach those prices. That being said, I struggle with understanding how a $15 minimum wage is going to benefit us as well. I know that’s not the same thing, and it’s getting off topic, but I don’t see it being great for everybody either.

Comment

Ah, so those that paved the way for many of us Texans are just F.U.C.T. then? As long as those that spend frivolously in order to keep up with the Jones’s are happy, who cares?

Again, I’m genuinely curious. I’m also guilty of keeping up with the Jones‘s. I simply don’t understand how it’s better for everyone when there are so many that struggle when it does reach those prices. That being said, I struggle with understanding how a $15 minimum wage is going to benefit us as well. I know that’s not the same thing, and it’s getting off topic, but I don’t see it being great for everybody either.
        Its callous, but the good of the many out weighs the good of the one or the few.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
          I have a bad feeling you boys working stateside will have to look overseas to stay in the oilfield. This administration has more to gain by dealing overseas than at home. Hope I am wrong, but the writing is on the wall.
          Its already started with my company. I work offshore oil/gas and we are currently at the next oil HOTSPOT. Guyana and Suriname. Trinidad is doing great with all these rigs and supply vessels coming in to service the offshore oil and gas industry in those nations. Only thing is, our contract time on the vessel has more than doubled. Used to to 28 days on...now they say 60 days MINUMUM, with no guarantee of when we can get off. This amount of uncertainty is what is making it easier to find another job. Marine Super said we can crew change SOMETIME in March...Maybe.

Comment

Louisiana sunrise . .

Comment

Drill baby, drill!

Comment

What is this bs about bidens exe order banning oil leases? . . Even on private property . .

Comment

???

By chance are you around the Kermit, Texas area?

Originally posted by John Paul View Post
                  Yeah, gonna get real very soon. Been hearing of most all service crews and exploration side started moving everything out of the North due to Biden restrictions on public lands. Being Texas is mostly private, its fixing to get busy. Feel bad for everybody up north, Eagleford is on track to loose another 10% first half of this year just due to wells maturing. Demand will come back and we will not be in the position to plug the hole due to lack of inventory to keep up with demand, I see $100+ easily in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharecropper View Post
                    What is this bs about bidens exe order banning oil leases? . . Even on private property . .
                    He doesn't have that power... no president does.

All this is fear mongering needs to stop. Population will be over 9 billion in the next 25 years world-wide. That means 40% energy increase needed to meet the demands of every human. That cannot/will not happen by banning any form of energy. Ask Elon Musk who just pushed his chips in on natural gas.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
                      He doesn't have that power... no president does.

All this is fear mongering needs to stop. Population will be over 9 billion in the next 25 years world-wide. That means 40% energy increase needed to meet the demands of every human. That cannot/will not happen by banning any form of energy. Ask Elon Musk who just pushed his chips in on natural gas.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
                      Exactly the response I hoped for . . Thanks

Comment

people supposedly struggle to pay $2.50 a gallon for gas, but often have the latest iphone in their pocket.

it's all about priorities.

Comment

Working...
                        X