Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody shoot suppressed Weatherby Mark V 300 Wthby?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody shoot suppressed Weatherby Mark V 300 Wthby?

Im considering investing in a Weatherby Mark V 300 Weatherby Magnum LH. I want to mate with a silencerco can. The armory says I need at least a 24” barrel for the harvester or omega. The new one Im considering has a no.3 fluted barrel already threaded from factory with a 26” barrel for $1900ish.

I really want to shoot the 300 Weatherby Magnum from a Weatherby...and surpressed...and kill some large critters.

Thank Yall for any down range suggestions and/or guidance.

God bless!

No Yays. No Nays.
    Harumph.

Comment

I’d do it if the can was rated to handle it

Comment

I’m curious how much a can would quiet it down. Hard to tell just from a recording, but it sure seems to tame a 30-378. The guy says the suppressor eventually exploded a few weeks later so make sure the can you get is rated for 300 mag

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I use an Omega on a 300wm. Significant reduction in sound and felt recoil.

No experience with the 300 Weatherby

Comment

Thats what Im going for MrBroussard, mainly recoil management and some sound management.

Sure thing MrTxPit. Thanks for the caution.

Thanks for the Yea MrCap.

Comment

The SiCo Omega is not rated for .300 WBY so you would have to go with the harvester in this instance, which is rated to .300 RUM. Another good option would be the TBAC Ultra 9, which is lighter than the Omega or Harvester and is also rated to .300 RUM.

I currently have an Omega on my 22" win mag and it shoots like a dream.

Comment

Originally posted by ABroussard View Post
                I use an Omega on a 300wm. Significant reduction in sound and felt recoil.

No experience with the 300 Weatherby
                I have paperwork in on a Silencerco Asker 7.62 for my .300WM as well.

Hopefully, I'll have it by June and I'll let y'all know.

Comment

Shoot SiCo an email, they may say 26" is fine on the Omega. Either way, it is going to be long and hard to handle in a stand, but a dream to shoot suppressed.

I have shot .300WM to 16" 6.5PRC through my Omega with no issues. I do not have a Weatherby mag or I would try it for you.

Comment

I shoot 300 ultra mag through a YHM can and it helps a lot with both noise and recoil.

Comment

Originally posted by IA1865 View Post
                      The SiCo Omega is not rated for .300 WBY so you would have to go with the harvester in this instance, which is rated to .300 RUM. Another good option would be the TBAC Ultra 9, which is lighter than the Omega or Harvester and is also rated to .300 RUM.

I currently have an Omega on my 22" win mag and it shoots like a dream.
                      I was thinking of calling SilencerCo directly for double tapping saftey specs. Thanks for bringing this up. The armory said I was good with both.

Ive been super happy with the weight in the Harvester. Its impressive that the TBAC is lighter...I reckon the titanium facilitates that.

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                        Shoot SiCo an email, they may say 26" is fine on the Omega. Either way, it is going to be long and hard to handle in a stand, but a dream to shoot suppressed.

I have shot .300WM to 16" 6.5PRC through my Omega with no issues. I do not have a Weatherby mag or I would try it for you.

I had to turn my popup on a diagonal from the corn pile for my 54cal Lymans GPH smoke pole. I was gonna run some tape to see how much bigger the boom stick might be in comparison from the smoke pole.

Comment

I have a harvester and a left handed 300 WBY. Been scared to put it on that big gun. I let my son use it on a 6.5 and its awesome. Let me know what you find out from silencerco. As far as the 300 WBY goes the deer I've shot the last few years in south texas with it all go straight down. All behind the shoulder shots. Love the gun.

Comment

Originally posted by ba1005 View Post
                            I have a harvester and a left handed 300 WBY. Been scared to put it on that big gun. I let my son use it on a 6.5 and its awesome. Let me know what you find out from silencerco. As far as the 300 WBY goes the deer I've shot the last few years in south texas with it all go straight down. All behind the shoulder shots. Love the gun.
                            Super sweet! I got the green light from Weatherby and rep said many of them shoot suppressed. Sent an email off to SiCo.

I figure the rig would be around 57” long...which made me laugh...48.25” rifle and 8 3/4” suppressor. It wont fit in the Ameristep Bone Collector but likely the Barronetts popup...Ill measure and fit figure tomorrow. I made a mock up...with a BBgun, shop vac extension tube, pipe insulation and masking tape.

A finished weight should be around 10-10.5 lbs.
                            Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-22-2021, 10:03 PM. Reason: EditPhotoNoSpake

Comment

My mock up.

All my rifles get pipe foam installment on the comb as part of my skinny face and cheekbone solution to raise cheek weld and recoil management. Foreseeably the future rifle rig will recieve the same treatment. Eso si que es.
                              Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X