No announcement yet.

2021 Oilfield thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have been very busy since Thanksgiving. Started running a little thin last week then several customers have loaded us up again. Would sure be nice to actually make some money this year.....fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
      Need to it go up, been the worst year financially of my life lmao
      Same here bud. I had a neighbor some years back try to get me to switch over to the refining side. It would have cut my salary in half but he said it was stable work. Being on the drilling side in times like these has been no fun. Always the first thing they cut and the last to come back.

I have been trying to get on to International for years in hopes if/when things slow stateside I could take my talents to South America or Asia.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
        Same here bud. I had a neighbor some years back try to get me to switch over to the refining side. It would have cut my salary in half but he said it was stable work. Being on the drilling side in times like these has been no fun. Always the first thing they cut and the last to come back.

I have been trying to get on to International for years in hopes if/when things slow stateside I could take my talents to South America or Asia.

We haul oilfield equipment and I’ve been in business since 2008. Been through a few buts but this one hit different. Loooong and drawn out. Ooof

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
          We haul oilfield equipment and I’ve been in business since 2008. Been through a few buts but this one hit different. Loooong and drawn out. Ooof

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I broke out in 2007 right before the financial crisis so this is my 3rd downturn. I went into business for myself in 2014 about 6 months before the crap hit the fan and got blessed in 2015 that I was only out long enough to pack my family up and move back home to TX. I knew buddies that struggled for nearly 2 years trying to back and their take home has never fully recovered.... then Covid.

You are right this one feels different. Not because the world doesn't still need oil, it consumes more than ever before, but because oil doesn't fit the climate change narrative and people are using climate change for big power grabs. You get the sense the politicians on both sides want to bury the industry in the USA and will let it go dark before they tell the truth. The truth being that renewables aren't the 2nd coming and with a projected population of 9 billion people by 2050 above all energy plans are all that's gonna work.

Comment

I hope You guys can figure out how to weather the storm headed your way.
            If he is anything like his Canadian counter part it is going to get tough

Comment

I saw a drilling rig for the first time in two years running here in Wise County.

Comment

Anyone on here involved in the decision making of Horizontal Multistage Pumps? HPS pumps?

Comment

It always kills me when I hear people in this state talking about how excited they are at gasoline under $2.00/gallon. Gas in the $2.50-$3.00/gallon range is fair for everyone and good for the state of Texas.

If people want lower gas prices we should increase our capacity to refine, create jobs, and let other people pay US to process their oil.

We have had mineral property in Upton country since the 1920’s (obviously I wasn’t the original owner).

No better people in the world the folks in the patch.

Comment

Trust me, the libs want $100+ oil and they'll get it. That puts another strain on most of America's household budgets a little more and means that renewables now look more attractive.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasLongball View Post
                      Trust me, the libs want $100+ oil and they'll get it. That puts another strain on most of America's household budgets a little more and means that renewables now look more attractive.
                      This is why I think it will get forced up. Electric vehicles and renewables look amazing when gas is over $4

Comment

From a supplier's perspective (Pipe, Valves, Fittings) it is as slow as I have experienced in my career. I've only been doing this for 5ish years, but regardless even when I first started it wasn't this bad. I'd be glad to work a quote for anybody right now. I'm digging through old sales reports, and reaching out to people I haven't talked to in 2 years. I've never had to reach out to anyone to have plenty quotes to work on.

Comment

Keystone Pipeline = Gone
                          New Permits to Frack or Drill on Federal Lands = Gone. (that's over 90% of all northern US lands being drilled)
                          US Stockpiles of Crude = Gone in short order
                          US extends the old practice of importing the majority of oil needs
                          OPEC adjust pricing continuously to get said price over 75-80$ barrel,
                          US Shale drillers had learned to make $50-$55 oil profitable in the bad times, private land drilling and fracking has a major resurgence. 14-18 months on the far side. JMO
                          I am an optimist.

Comment

Any of you gents been hearing anything in the backgrounds after last couple days shenanigans in the white house?

Comment

Well here is a little info. IADC New Administration Report.

We all new these things were going to happen, but its for the Realz now....
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by John Paul View Post
                                Keystone Pipeline = Gone
                                New Permits to Frack or Drill on Federal Lands = Gone. (that's over 90% of all northern US lands being drilled)
                                US Stockpiles of Crude = Gone in short order
                                US extends the old practice of importing the majority of oil needs
                                OPEC adjust pricing continuously to get said price over 75-80$ barrel,
                                US Shale drillers had learned to make $50-$55 oil profitable in the bad times, private land drilling and fracking has a major resurgence. 14-18 months on the far side. JMO
                                I am an optimist.
                                There are still current permits though. I don’t know how long they will take to drill up but “rumor” I have heard us EOG alone still has over 2500 Permian permits in place with a majority in New Mexico where this would affect new permits. In my head that is still a couple years of drilling on federal land there

Comment

Working...
                                X