Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does it take you to clean a deer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15-20 minutes if I’m not caping a buck out. Watching a few videos of the speed cleaners on YT helps give a few pointers and shortcuts. A high neck shot doe that’s still warm is my favorite. An electric harbor freight winch is a huge advantage too

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
      Every post the time gets shorter........hmmmm
      To be fair the first couple of posts are from guys who take a long time. Shouldn’t be a surprise the times got faster than that.

Comment

It's taking a little longer each year, but can still have one boned out and on ice in a little over an hour.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech Lefty View Post
          I only partially gut, just enough to pull the backstraps out. And talking about the hunt is the best part, especially with family.
          Don't you mean tenderloins?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I hunt alone nowadays..... I leave my need for hurry back home in the metromess. For me the whole process is very therapeutic. I like to take my time.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
              Don't you mean tenderloins?

Exactly. I wouldn't call that partially gutting either. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Depends on the circumstances, but typically around 20 minutes. If there are others around, and we get to talking a d cutting up, add another 15-20 minutes to it.

Comment

All damm day. What do I win?

Comment

I've cleaned a decent number of deer but still slow. At least an hour if I had to guess.

Comment

Originally posted by STGS View Post
                      I have been known to have to lower them a bit in order to reach the hind legs.
                      at least you’re a good sport about it!

Comment

Gut, skin, quarter only using a knife--maybe an hour. I enjoy it and don't usually rush.

Processing down the rest at home--2-3 hours. I don't waste any meat.

Comment

I can prob still do a doe in 25-30 minutes but I don’t get in a hurry any more, have a beer and BS with whoever’s watching. I usually do all the deer at camp.
                          I keep every once of meat... ribs and all.

Takes me close to an hour now I bet. I use havalon blades and a sawzaw.

That’s the easy part, the work starts after the 2 week aging process!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                            Depends....I can’t talk and clean at the same time, and I hardly ever stop talking.

This is my problem... and drink breaks followed by more talking....

Comment

20 minutes for us.

Two guys, sharp knives, reciprocating saw, electric winch, and hanging cooler. Gutting the deer takes 3 minutes, then we hang the deer in the cooler until the day before we leave. Skinning and quartering takes about 15 minutes. There's usually several deer to clean, but you get the hang of it and we have picked up a few short cuts over time.

Comment

How long does it take you to clean a deer?

Let the youngins do it. Took me about 30 minutes of me sitting there for my 15 year old to get this one done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X