First round of pics for a buck we call Baby Giant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First round of pics for a buck we call Baby Giant

At least I think it is him. If so he has certainly taken a step backwards from last year. What do y'all think? Frame looks the same, split G-2 looks similar, end of main beam sweeping upwards looks familiar, but certainly not as impressive as last year. Who knows, may not be him. Bottom/last two pics are from last year just FYI.

Attached Files

Just for more background, we think this is him as a 2 yr old in 2016. Heck he almost looks like a 1.5 yr old here!
    Attached Files

Comment

I'd like to lean on not the same deer. Just for your sake! Surely he didn't lose that many inches.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

i don't think that is the same buck. This first buck pictured looks extremely young, far too young to be second buck pictured.

Comment

Originally posted by texas shag View Post
          i don't think that is the same buck. This first buck pictured looks extremely young, far too young to be second buck pictured.
          I agree

pray for rain

Comment

looks like a different deer to me. look a the white patch under the buck's right nostril. in the 4 older pic's it looks like a Nike swoosh. This years buck looks like a white blob. Although these patters no change over time, they would change the significantly in 1 year.

Comment

I don't think its the same deer. Look at the white on the face around the nose and around the eyes. Doesn't look like they match to me.

Comment

Originally posted by wlee15 View Post
                looks like a different deer to me. look a the white patch under the buck's right nostril. in the 4 older pic's it looks like a Nike swoosh. This years buck looks like a white blob. Although these patters no change over time, they would change the significantly in 1 year.
                Wow you got me to doing all sorts of Google searches on deer noses!!! Seems there are a lot of Swoosh patterns out there on deer!!! However, I took the liberty of zooming in on these noses and think that they actually look real similar. Even has the same little black dot to the left of the Swoosh. For sure the picture of him as a 2 yr old is the same deer as last years based on that particular Swoosh pattern-I didn't include a pic of that year.
                Attached Files

Comment

I’m gonna say it’s not the same deer but I would be willing to bet they have a lot of the same genes, probably not siblings but related.

Comment

Thats three different deer.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                      I’m gonna say it’s not the same deer but I would be willing to bet they have a lot of the same genes, probably not siblings but related.
                      I sure hope you are right.

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                        Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                          Dang sure could be and I hope you are correct. Care to say what led you to that conclusion? Anything in particular?

Comment

I'm thinking it's not the same deer, but most likely offspring.

Comment

I’m gonna say 3 different deer as well. I can see an arguement for the first 2 bucks being the same but I think they are different deer. The beams are all different on each and the 3rd buck has different tine structure than the first 2 deer.

Comment

Working...
                              X