Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suck at hunting? Follow me for more recipes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suck at hunting? Follow me for more recipes!

Let's get this meatless Thanksgiving started with a wildly popular appetizer!

This thread is dedicated to our core group of posters that have never posted a hunting pic or competed a thread on a live hunt...but have somehow achieved "pope & young" status. This TOFU's for YOU!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	25231792

Ingredients:

4 blocks of extra firm tofu. I prefer organic.

One bottle of Allegro hickory smoke.

A knife.

A pan to to marinate the tofu in.

Recipe:

Slice tofu lengthwise into about 1/8" strips. I was so excited that I may have made some 1/4" inch and 1/32" strips.

Pour about 1/4 bottle of the Allegro into the pan. I used a cake pan with a locking lid.

Start laying down layers of tofu slices in the bottom. After each letter, gently use a BBQ brush (preferably one that hasn't been contaminated in the past with bloody meat) to dip in the pan and and brush each slice. Brush several times as it soaks up the liquid.

Put another layer directly on top of the first layer and repeat. Keep brushing each slice. Keep going until all layers are in the pan and generously brushed with allegro.

Pour the rest of the bottle over the top and brush/mop several times until all pieces look medium brown (not white).

Put the lid on the pan and put in the fridge for 3-4 hours.

Then it's time for the dehydrator! I suggest using the dehydrator sheets to prevent bad dripping.

I'll update later.

You will be wishing you had a smell-o-vision monitor. Better keep a napkin handy for the drool!

Stay tuned, my protein-loving friends!
    Last edited by Chew; 11-23-2020, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Good grief, Booby! You have lost it!!!

Prayers sent for your recovery!!!

Comment

I know a few liberals on here that will love this but the majority on here, well it’s gonna be a hard sale...

Comment

What the hell........this is fo real? Im sooooo glad I dont suck at hunting, lol.
          Last edited by rtp; 11-23-2020, 07:49 PM.

Comment

A little preview from our last batch. They lasted about 15 minutes.

Comment

I. Don’t. Understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This from the man credited with slaying the last known Loxodonta in Texas

Comment

I could not help but think of you, lieutenant...when my son shot this deer with his grandpa last weekend.

Comment

Are you serious Clark?!

Comment

Don’t be hard on him. He’s been celebrating on Linkin!!!! Lol. And for the food? No thanks

Comment

This thread goes right along with his new avatar!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          I could not help but think of you, lieutenant...when my son shot this deer with his grandpa last weekend.

That is awesome! PM your address and I'll send him a decal.

Sweet buck!

Comment

This is pretty elaborate for a prank lol. But I’m in to see the ending

Comment

I should know better....... but........ just maybe.

Only thing making me think this MIGHT be true is your daughter. Im still not convinced though.

Comment

Working...
                              X