No announcement yet.

2020-2021 Chaparral WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did everyone get the email with compartment draw selection options. I'm not sure what option fits me best. I've always liked picking may section.

Comment

yep, got the email. I think it is a sign of the times. Wonder why Long and Mustang pastures are closed.

Budman, how many in your group?

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
        yep, got the email. I think it is a sign of the times. Wonder why Long and Mustang pastures are closed.

Budman, how many in your group?
        Just me. I like flying solo, less decision making. LOL

Comment

Each section looks pretty small and would seem to get overcrowded quick judging by the map. I've never been out there, so my perception is probably way off.
          Last edited by Budman68; 11-09-2020, 09:06 PM.

Comment

We’ll be there with a group of 4, totally blind on what pasture would be best for a large group

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
              Each section looks pretty small and would seem to get overcrowded quick judging by the map. I've never been out there, so my perception is probably way off.

The compartments are pretty big. My dad and I did a javelina hunt a few years ago and I believe our compartment was 3-500 acre range

Comment

N/M... Futureagg said it best.
                Last edited by Huntindad; 11-09-2020, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                  They did that some years ago for a hunt because they were grazing steers in those pastures. Trying to utilize the grass and imitate normal practices of how area ranches operate.

They closed the pastures because they didn't want to listen to hunters complain how the steers messed up their hunts. We told them the steers didn't bother us and asked for the pastures anyway.

Comment

Last year there were a couple pastures closed and they told us that the quoted of deer taken from them had been met.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                      Last year there were a couple pastures closed and they told us that the quoted of deer taken from them had been met.
                      yeah, I heard that to. but they are not open for the archery hunt 12/1. I believe they are doing some research on those. what kind of research...who knows.

Baldy and Mare are closed but they are separate high fenced pastures. they been closed for a while now.

Comment

They are keeping a buck for the big game hunt winner

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                          They are keeping a buck for the big game hunt winner

Seriously?

Comment

I think I'm leaning towards letting them pick the compartments for us ahead of time. Sounds like it will allow for more scouting time that first afternoon. Plus, without knowing the drawing order, it'd be hard to come up with a ranking of of your top choices, and it takes away the disappointment of not getting the area that you think you want. I've seen it posted many times that there's not a bad compartment on the place anyway.

Comment

What dates are you guys on that got the e-mail for compartments?

Comment

I am 12/1-12/4

Comment

Working...
                                X