No announcement yet.

2021 Houston Astro’s Official thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did someone on the Red Sox hit a grand slam?

Comment

Yes because we have zero pitching (I still like urquidy though)

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
        Did someone on the Red Sox hit a grand slam?
        2 of them

Comment

Garcia knee soreness…. Are you kidding me… this is the ALCS… pitch till you can’t…

This team is in a bad spot now….

Comment

That was a tough day for the home team.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
              Garcia knee soreness…. Are you kidding me… this is the ALCS… pitch till you can’t…

This team is in a bad spot now….

That has to be a joke. What a wimp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexanDuke View Post
                That has to be a joke. What a wimp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I agree.

Comment

Just a working theory here, but what if Luis Garcia gets "hurt" so Lance can rejoin the squad and pitch in game 5 or 6? You'd go with Urquidy in game 3, Greinke in game 4, then Framber, Lance, and the kitchen sink in game 7 if they got there. Any way you dice it, Urquidy has to show up on Monday. That's the one game I don't think you can lose...

Comment

Originally posted by TxTyler View Post
                    Just a working theory here, but what if Luis Garcia gets "hurt" so Lance can rejoin the squad and pitch in game 5 or 6? You'd go with Urquidy in game 3, Greinke in game 4, then Framber, Lance, and the kitchen sink in game 7 if they got there. Any way you dice it, Urquidy has to show up on Monday. That's the one game I don't think you can lose...
                    Not possible. LMCJr is out of the ALCS roster. Most likely won’t make the WS roster (if we get there). I think the Stros are good enough to beat the Red Sox even with what they have left. They hung 3 on Eovaldi tonight, it was a still a 9-5 game after giving up 2 grand slams.

I’ll say this, I like to dog on Baker for his questionable pitching decisions. If he gets this team to the WS with the injuries we’ve had, he’s earned a lot of praise. If he can win the WS with what has happened, he should be manager of the year and I will eat all the bad words I’ve said about his pitching decisions. This team’s offense may be good enough to overcome bad bullpen management, and I think they are, and we are about to find out.

Comment

I blame Jim Crane for putting the team in this position. With at team this good he should have traded for some more starting pitching. If we even had decent starters we would win it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post

Not possible. LMCJr is out of the ALCS roster. Most likely won’t make the WS roster (if we get there). I think the Stros are good enough to beat the Red Sox even with what they have left. They hung 3 on Eovaldi tonight, it was a still a 9-5 game after giving up 2 grand slams.

I’ll say this, I like to dog on Baker for his questionable pitching decisions. If he gets this team to the WS with the injuries we’ve had, he’s earned a lot of praise. If he can win the WS with what has happened, he should be manager of the year and I will eat all the bad words I’ve said about his pitching decisions. This team’s offense may be good enough to overcome bad bullpen management, and I think they are, and we are about to find out.
                        It’s possible. You can replace someone on the playoff roster with someone from the taxi squad, but if you do the player replaced is ineligible for the next series.

But, if LMJ was healthy enough to pitch they would have him on the playoff roster.

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
                          I blame Jim Crane for putting the team in this position. With at team this good he should have traded for some more starting pitching. If we even had decent starters we would win it all.

I agree, mismanagement. I'm sure he has a tighter rein on Click than the previous as well.

Comment

There wasn’t any starting pitching available at the deadline that was both better than what we had and had a price tag we could meet.

Comment

Originally posted by rjk70 View Post
                              i blame jim crane for putting the team in this position. With at team this good he should have traded for some more starting pitching. If we even had decent starters we would win it all.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk pro
                              smh

Comment

Originally posted by RINCON View Post
                                smh
                                Yep - 4-2 in current post season and blame everybody and off with everyone’s heads.
                                Last edited by 3rdCoastHunter; 10-17-2021, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X