No announcement yet.

Jeep value question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Id say $11.5 is fair, I picked up a '97 last year for $8K and it was a great deal. The market has done nothing but go up since then.

Mine had 112k miles on it, 4.0, automatic transmission and re-geared to 4.10 on 35's.

Comment

My '97.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
        For a 22 year old jeep with 111000 miles.. Way to high for me. My tops would be $6500
        This market is crazy. I just sold my 92 for $6700.00. This was with not top, no back seat. It is in really great condition with only 83,000 miles but still i was surprised.

Comment

I sold my dad's 2005 a few months ago. It had about 65K miles, hard top, 5 speed in great condition for around 11K.

Comment

Check for rust underneath, make sure the frame is not rusted and patched.
            Also a little high for a 97. I bought a 2002 with 60k miles, extra clean, 6 cylinder, for $11 a few months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
              For a 22 year old jeep. Way to high for me. My tops would be $6500

This was my thoughts as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                This was my thoughts as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                It could be a little high, but the inside and outside of this jeep are very clean. I would say almost as clean as you can find. For everyone saying in the $6,500 to $8,500 range please send me the jeeps your finding lol.

I cannot find a clean jeep, under 130,000 miles for less than $10k.

Comment

I have a 2004 LJ I bought 2 years ago for 10,500 with 130,000 on it. My boss has has been trying to find a Jeep. He said the prices are so high right now that he would give me what I paid for it in a heartbeat. Not sure where y’all are getting y’all’s values from but he sure wishes he could find one for sale in that range. He said mine would go for 15k in this market. But I’m not selling.

Comment

It’s been a couple years since I’ve owned a TJ but sold my last one in 2015. I am of the mindset though from watching them since that 11,5 is way on the upper end.

I’m not sure what you are looking to do with the Jeep but if you plan to drive it on the highway for very significant amounts of time a hard top was an absolute must. At an absolute minimum would be full doors but you will never regret a hard top.

33” tires without 4:50+ gearing would be an absolute dog on the highway and a great way to break a Dana 35 if you are going to play on rocks.

Stay away from 00 and 01 4.0L due to the 331 head issues.

05 and 06 had an oil pump issues but there is a replacement part more readily available.

As others mentioned when I was test driving jeeps even the smallest list throw the suspension out of whack and death wobble is very horrible.

Find a clean 03 or 04 rubicon that hasn’t been lifted. It will go anywhere and be a pleasure to drive on the highway.

Last note, after I sold my 03 rubicon I wanted a ride for the lease. My budget wouldn’t afford me a TJ so I found a clean YJ. They aren’t on the same planet and it was a big let down that I sold a few months later.

Comment

that's a clean one for sure, looks like you've been doing your homework. if you like it, buy it - they are a blast. It seems high but my 2001 has a lot more miles and i won't let it go for under $9,500.

Comment

Originally posted by tfrye View Post
                        It could be a little high, but the inside and outside of this jeep are very clean. I would say almost as clean as you can find. For everyone saying in the $6,500 to $8,500 range please send me the jeeps your finding lol.

I cannot find a clean jeep, under 130,000 miles for less than $10k.
                        I bought this 97 TJ with 6 cylinder, manual transmission, 6 inch lift and about 110k miles for $7500 but it was several years ago.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200911-204228_Facebook.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	347.1 KB
ID:	24665407

Comment

I've had a bunch of G.P.'s,and I wouldn't give that for a '97.I would for a '98,if it was identical to it.

Comment

The shackles that hold the leaf springs are weak af..I had a few.I swear once you re-weld them;they get weaker..Never again.

Comment

Working...
                            X