No announcement yet.

We are eating to much salt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better yet, Mr. potato head want to mandate I get a foreign chemical injection…. BUT in the name of health and public safety I can walk in a store NOW and buy a pack of cigarettes. Or vape oil…. I think it has vitamin c of something. It’s healthy

Comment

I almost never add salt to my food.
      Drinking sweet tea on the other hand. That is a hard working appliance in my kitchen.

Comment

Salt is how mammals maintain moisture balance across cell membranes. Iodine is a major lacking nutrient in most human diets.

Death by idiocy. Biden does this.

Comment

Sugar, seed oils, processed carbs, alcohol, salt.... the things I want and can't have.

Comment

Playing devil's advocate here and excluding the government using regulation, at what point do people being heavily overweight from lifestyle choices coming down with very serious health diseases putting immense strain on a healthcare system have to take responsibility for increasing everyone's insurance? I'm fairly young and looking around at millions of older and younger people who completely disregard their health steadily stuffing their mouths full of junk makes me wonder how the country will pay for ever increasing healthcare costs.

Comment

Originally posted by ram04 View Post
              Playing devil's advocate here and excluding the government using regulation, at what point do people being heavily overweight from lifestyle choices coming down with very serious health diseases putting immense strain on a healthcare system have to take responsibility for increasing everyone's insurance? I'm fairly young and looking around at millions of older and younger people who completely disregard their health steadily stuffing their mouths full of junk makes me wonder how the country will pay for ever increasing healthcare costs.
              One would've thought the last 18 months would have made a pretty good impact on the way we look at our health.
              Last edited by jshouse; 10-14-2021, 01:02 PM.

Comment

From salt to sugar and now covid. Does any thread stay on subject any longer?

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
                  The FDA can`t help themselves. These F...ing idiots don`t really want to solve the problem or they would try to get people to reduce SUGAR intake and not salt. I do not think either should be regulated, but people need to understand how bad sugar and carbs are for you. I can`t believe how many times I have heard this in the last 2 days on each news cycle. God forbid the media reports on something that is newsworthy. They are so F...ing lazy.

(WJW) – The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is asking restaurants and food manufacturers to cut salt in their products. The goal is to reduce Americans’ sodium intake by 12% over the next 2.5 years. Read the FDA guidance here The FDA says more than 70% of sodium intake is from sodium added during food preparation and manufacturing.
                  FDA salt guidelines
                  Check out the Nosy People thread and then determine if you are one.

Comment

People are just going to add the salt right back in from teh salt shaker on the table.

I 100% agree with you that sugar is a big problem. I saw a graph that showed sugar consumption and obesity once and laid on top of each other they are very similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                      Check out the Nosy People thread and then determine if you are one.
                      I must have hit a nerve. Sorry, would you pass the salt.

Comment

Y’all are starting to make this fatazz feel really self-conscious.

Comment

If you want to know what to eat and what not to eat, find someone who is 100 yrs. old and ask them. Ask them what kind of lifestyle they had.

Comment

When the Government steps in to treat us like children, like we are seeing, then you can bet that there are ulterior motives. They have forgotten that they work for us because there is no accountability in Washington.

Comment

Most restaurants no longer have Salt and Pepper on the table due to Covid and another way to save. You have to ask for it. I have been salt free for over 2 years. Some of the places I eat is like they over added the salt and to think I used to salt everything down before I ate it. Now I just add pepper and use a salt free seasoning

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                                Y’all are starting to make this fatazz feel really self-conscious.

Obesity is a problem that 99.9% of the time is self inflicted.

Since personal responsibility doesn't exist these days maybe a cure for obesity is in the works. Magic pill of something.

Good luck Geezy!!

Comment

Working...
                                X