No announcement yet.

We are eating to much salt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was a big time Dr. Pepper and sweet tea drinker. About 5 years ago I got on the scales and it hit 279. I said that's enough and cut out sugar, and in about 6 months I was at 215. One thing that helped no sugar made me a lot more active. It is crazy what sugar does to you.

As for salt, when I sweat a lot I get cravings for pickle juice. That's how I know my sodium is low.

Comment

So all the fat asses I see out and about are just carrying excess water weight around from too much salt? Got it.

Most people have no idea what a proper portion of food looks like. These all you can eat buffets and giant platters of food dished out at restaurants have a lot to do with it. You want to biggie size that for a dollar more? It isnt the salt.

Comment

One of these days the FDA may accidentally say somethings bad for you and it actually be bad for you. Then what are we going to do?

Comment

1. I gave up fast food now almost 4 years ago. When I occasionally do eat it on hunting and fishing trips when no other quick food is available. I am absolutly amazed at how salty it all is.

2. When I started traveling the world I also realized how salty our food is compared to nearly everywhere I have been.

Having said both of those things...I do not think a business of any sort should be forced to reduce the amount of sodium they choose to put in the food they are selling. I do think we should make more people aware in the amount of sodium in our American diets, and let them decided for themselves based on that information. If enough people decided against high sodium content the food industry will self adjust.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
            So all the fat asses I see out and about are just carrying excess water weight around from too much salt? Got it.

Most people have no idea what a proper portion of food looks like. These all you can eat buffets and giant platters of food dished out at restaurants have a lot to do with it. You want to biggie size that for a dollar more? It isnt the salt.
            Yes I agree with this!!

I'm unluckily [emoji20] in this category. Last time I got weighed I was 340

Comment

So we get our sodium from food prep and eating the food. Well I haven’t been licking on my cows salt blocks so yea that’s most likely where I get it from. How many scientists did it take to come to that conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                The sugar lobby is much bigger than the salt lobby apparently.
                This. Just google sugar lobby and you'll get all the info you need.

Sugar is poison.

Comment

Salt, sugar, carbs - nome of them are a problem unless you cant regulate how much of each you consume

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                    People eat at restaurants because the food tastes good. Guess what makes food taste good. lol
                    Most pro chefs will tell you if your version of a dish isn't as good as the restaurants it is lacking in two items: BUTTER AND SALT and lots of it.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post

Exactly.

Sugar, seed oils, processed carbs.....That's the stuff that's killing people.

Comment

Isn't this FDA the same people that said the shot would be safe and keep everyone from getting Covid?
                        I guess we can trust them now.

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
                          The FDA can`t help themselves. These F...ing idiots don`t really want to solve the problem or they would try to get people to reduce SUGAR intake and not salt. I do not think either should be regulated, but people need to understand how bad sugar and carbs are for you. I can`t believe how many times I have heard this in the last 2 days on each news cycle. God forbid the media reports on something that is newsworthy. They are so F...ing lazy.

(WJW) – The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is asking restaurants and food manufacturers to cut salt in their products. The goal is to reduce Americans’ sodium intake by 12% over the next 2.5 years. Read the FDA guidance here The FDA says more than 70% of sodium intake is from sodium added during food preparation and manufacturing.
                          FDA salt guidelines
                          I agree with the FDA……. that more than 70% of our sodium intake comes from that added during what is preparation.

Duhhh…..

Comment

I don’t think it’s salt that’s the problem. It’s the ultra processed foods and sugar.

Comment

You need salt to survive.
                              You don't need sugar and carbs. Fun fact: Cancer needs sugar to survive.

Replace sugar/carbs in your diet with FAT

Sugar and Food industry has given Fat and Salt a bad rap.
                              Big Food and Big Pharma are in cahoots to keep people unhealthy for profit.

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
                                The FDA can`t help themselves. These F...ing idiots don`t really want to solve the problem or they would try to get people to reduce SUGAR intake and not salt. I do not think either should be regulated, but people need to understand how bad sugar and carbs are for you. I can`t believe how many times I have heard this in the last 2 days on each news cycle. God forbid the media reports on something that is newsworthy. They are so F...ing lazy.

(WJW) – The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is asking restaurants and food manufacturers to cut salt in their products. The goal is to reduce Americans’ sodium intake by 12% over the next 2.5 years. Read the FDA guidance here The FDA says more than 70% of sodium intake is from sodium added during food preparation and manufacturing.
                                FDA salt guidelines
                                After reading this at our restaurant we thought about it, talked about, ended up laughing about it and forgetting about it. We’d be out of business in a week. Govt needs to mind their on da*n buisiness.

Comment

Working...
                                X