No announcement yet.

Liver Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just go to Chicken E and order it fried. It’s truely a love it or hate item. I will eat it if it is served to me but sure won’t ask for seconds and will surely try to sneak it out in a napkin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The only way I can eat liver is in boudin.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

My parents made me eat it when I was a kid. I did not like it then. Now I know what it does for a living (basically the body's trash can for metabolizing nasty things) and like it even less.

Comment

Place in Pantego has good liver and onions and I think I know what I'm having for lunch!

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
            Place in Pantego has good liver and onions and I think I know what I'm having for lunch!

Great idea!

Anyone know of a good place around Houston for Liver and Onions?? So I don’t screw up the cooking process….

Comment

Me is just salt, pepper, flour, fry in bacon grease, add onions and cover. Simmer until onions are translucent, pull out liver only, stir in some flour to thicken. Add liver back in to keep warm until serving. Serve liver, onions, and gravy over a plate of buttered grits.

Comment

the main reason I miss Luby's is because they had good liver n onions.

Comment

It depends on the liver for me. I like chicken livers. Calf liver is good if prepared properly. Bison liver is the best. Deer liver is just too strong for me, can’t handle it.

This is by far the best way I’ve found to eat liver, bar none. I made this with bison liver but I’m sure it would be just fine with calf liver too.

Bison Pate

•. Milk
                  • 1 small onion, minced
                  • 8 medium mushrooms chopped
                  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
                  • 1 pound bison liver
                  • 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced
                  • 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, minced
                  •. 1 cup coconut oil or duck fat, melted
                  •. 3 tbs balsamic vinegar
                  • ½ teaspoon sea salt

INSTRUCTIONS
                  1. Cube liver and cover with milk. Refrigerate for a minimum of two hours.
                  2. Split the fat and put half in frying pan. Add the onion and mushrooms, and cook until soft on medium-high. Add the garlic and cook for about 3 minutes. Add the liver, sprinkling with the herbs. Cook for 3-5 minutes per side, until just pink in the center. Add balsamic vinegar and reduce liquid.
                  3. Turn off heat, and place contents into a blender or food processor with the coconut oil and sea salt. Process until it forms a thick paste, adding more coconut oil if too thick.
                  4. Garnish with some fresh herbs and serve with crackers, toasted bread or vegetable sticks.
                  Cautionary note. If the Rosemary is fresh out of the garden then cut the amount in half and adjust to taste. Greasy out of the garden it is very strong.
                  Last edited by Geezy Rider; 10-14-2021, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Liver Recipe

My dad cooked beef liver alot growing up

Bacon grease fried liver n onions with ketchup

Lots of beer first helps lol

Why is it hard to find beef liver now? They never have it at HEB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I keep livers from all the deer myself and the family kill.

My favorite is prepared in to a Pate.

If never had it and curious I’d grind it and mix into meatballs, or go all in and have you some liver and onions.

Comment

I few months after I met my wife we went to a hotdog stand and she asked for Sauerkraut. I was blown away because I like it to.
                        A few months later we went out and she ordered liver - and I new she was a keeper...

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                          It depends on the liver for me. I like chicken livers. Calf liver is good if prepared properly. Bison liver is the best. Deer liver is just too strong for me, can’t handle it.

This is by far the best way I’ve found to eat liver, bar none. I made this with bison liver but I’m sure it would be just fine with calf liver too.

Bison Pate

•. Milk
                          • 1 small onion, minced
                          • 8 medium mushrooms chopped
                          • 4 cloves garlic, minced
                          • 1 pound bison liver
                          • 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced
                          • 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, minced
                          •. 1 cup coconut oil or duck fat, melted
                          •. 3 tbs balsamic vinegar
                          • ½ teaspoon sea salt

INSTRUCTIONS
                          1. Cube liver and cover with milk. Refrigerate for a minimum of two hours.
                          2. Split the fat and put half in frying pan. Add the onion and mushrooms, and cook until soft on medium-high. Add the garlic and cook for about 3 minutes. Add the liver, sprinkling with the herbs. Cook for 3-5 minutes per side, until just pink in the center. Add balsamic vinegar and reduce liquid.
                          3. Turn off heat, and place contents into a blender or food processor with the coconut oil and sea salt. Process until it forms a thick paste, adding more coconut oil if too thick.
                          4. Garnish with some fresh herbs and serve with crackers or toasted bread.
                          Cautionary note. If the Rosemary is fresh out of the garden then cut the amount in half and adjust to taste. Greasy out of the garden it is very strong.
                          You blend the liver with all the other contents?

Comment

Pork liver is a little sweeter taste
                            Calf tender
                            Beef tougher
                            Deer very good

Now my mouth is watering, need to shot a deer.

Comment

Soak in buttermilk over night, chicken fry the next day with favorite seasonings, and enjoy with some cream gravy. Same for gizzards!

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
                                Me, raw, to the catfish that is. Yuck to me....

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
                                That is the only way I have ever prepared it. Served over a trebble hook. You can prepare your chicken Livers the same way. Your welcome!
                                Last edited by brutus; 10-14-2021, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X