2021 Houston Astro’s Official thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zztex View Post
    Game postponed till 1:00 tomorrow. Do you throw Lance tomorrow on regular rest and save Framber for game 5 if necessary? I do. Sox are still going with Rodon tomorrow, but their alternative is Lynn who we kill
    I think you stick with Urquidy for Game 4. I'd much rather see Lance start the Win or Go Home game instead of Framber.

If we do go to Game 5, you could always start Lance and Framber could be first out of the pen. Don't hate that.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
      HP ump was animated when he would strike out an Astro...( reminded me of Frank from Naked Gun)...but when he rang up a WS player...he would just raise his hand.....
      I noticed that too.

Where in tarnation has systemnt been?

Comment

Pitch McCullers on regular rest.

Comment

Game postponed till 1:00 tomorrow. Do you throw Lance tomorrow on regular rest and save Framber for game 5 if necessary? I do. Sox are still going with Rodon tomorrow, but their alternative is Lynn who we kill
          My wife has steam coming out her ears...

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdCoastHunter View Post
            Complain all you want the umps don’t make the WS hit bombs off our lackluster pitching. We got spanked and we’ll be back strong to close this one out.

Garcia struck out Grandal not once but twice before he homered a few pitches later. It was an absolute game changer and effectively ended Garcia’s night. He should have made it out of that inning with a 5-1 lead. A long inning and lots of extra pitches got the better of him. That was on the plate ump. Garcia did his job exceptionally. Too bad the ump didn’t. His scorecard from last night was atrocious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have full faith in Urquidy getting it done against the weakass cw offense if it isn’t 9 vs 10 again tomorrow. If it is it won’t matter who is on the mound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree I leave Urquidy in and have McCullers for a possible game 5

Comment

I'd pitch Urq tomorrow. I think he'll beat 'em.

Comment

Starters announced, McCullers v. Rodon in game 4 tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                      Starters announced, McCullers v. Rodon in game 4 tomorrow.
                      Im not surprised. Dusty and I view pitching very differently. Of course he's getting paid millions for his view, .

I think the way he has handled game 1 and 2 and now game 4.......he has basically told a lot of the pitching staff he doesnt trust them to get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                        Im not surprised. Dusty and I view pitching very differently. Of course he's getting paid millions for his view, .

I think the way he has handled game 1 and 2 and now game 4.......he has basically told a lot of the pitching staff he doesnt trust them to get it done.
                        Yes. But he keeps bringing in Yimi Garcia in high leverage situations…I still can’t figure that out

Comment

Rays gone. We now have home field advantage in conference finals, if we get there. LFG!

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post

Would you trust them?

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                              Would you trust them?
                              Do I trust Urquidy, 100% yes. Do I trust Grienke, Raley and Javier to get 6 outs before giving up 6 runs.....I would have at least put one in each of those first two games with a very short leash before rolling out Pressly AND Graveman on back to back nights. Hell, in game one and two they only had to get 3 outs in the 9th before giving up 5 runs.

Comment

I think it’s the right move. Lance has ice water in his veins. The moment won’t be too big for him. I want him in that hostile environment. Although Urquidy has never shown signs of nervousness, I trust Lance in this spot. Do your best not to go to a game 5 where anything can happen. Lance might get killed today, but that’s how baseball be😄

Comment

Working...
                                X