Gunsmith Recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gunsmith Recommendation

At the range Sunday, my .300 Win Mag Sako extractor in my 721 bolt broke. I'm looking for someone to fix it so I can take it on my elk hunt this fall. I leave on Oct 30 so not much time. I called Ed Vandenberg in Pearland but he is out for a bit. I also emailed Aquila in La Porte but haven't heard back. Anyone have a guy who can hook me up? If I can't get it fixed, it's my 6.5 PRC w/143-ELDx. Not ideal to my way of thinking. I would load up some 140 partitions for my 6.5 PRC if there were any to be bought!
    Last edited by Outback; 09-21-2021, 05:07 PM.

ttt

Comment

Don’t use 3rd Coast Ordnance in San Leon. I have twice and was not impressed either time.

Comment

MG Arms in Spring is good. 281-821-8282 www.mgarmsinc.com

Comment

I haven't had to use him, but a buddy of mine had a few barrels chambered by Pete Pieper and highly recommended him. He's up in Hempstead. http://www.precisionbarrelwork.com/

Comment

Pm sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Blackjack Gunsmithing in Austin is top notch.

Comment

Mine keeps telling me Im second in line.

Comment

I've recommended Brian and his guys multiple times on TBH. They've done several jobs for me in the past and I've always been pleased. They do some impressive work.

290 and Beltway area

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                    I've recommended Brian and his guys multiple times on TBH. They've done several jobs for me in the past and I've always been pleased. They do some impressive work.

290 and Beltway area

https://lohmangunsmith.com/
                    They just tried to charge me $200 for a 90 degree muzzle crown on a AK...I said thanks but no thanks

Comment

Steve West in Baytown has taken on the project.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by blaqkpanda View Post
                        I haven't had to use him, but a buddy of mine had a few barrels chambered by Pete Pieper and highly recommended him. He's up in Hempstead. http://www.precisionbarrelwork.com/
                        Second vote for Pete Piper.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post

290 and Beltway area

https://lohmangunsmith.com/
                          I’ve used them several times with no complaints

I have guns there now as a matter of fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Anon View Post
                            They just tried to charge me $200 for a 90 degree muzzle crown on a AK...I said thanks but no thanks
                            Well there is probably a lot more work than you think for that job. I am going to say to do the job correctly. They will need to remove the barrel from the gun and remove everything off of the barrel, before chucking it up in a lathe, then cutting the crown. Then putting some kind of finish back on the end of the barrel, or refinish the whole barrel. Then reassembling it. That's not a ten minute job. I would be worried if someone wanted to charge me $30 to $40 to do that job.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                              Well there is probably a lot more work than you think for that job. I am going to say to do the job correctly. They will need to remove the barrel from the gun and remove everything off of the barrel, before chucking it up in a lathe, then cutting the crown. Then putting some kind of finish back on the end of the barrel, or refinish the whole barrel. Then reassembling it. That's not a ten minute job. I would be worried if someone wanted to charge me $30 to $40 to do that job.

Comment

Working...
                              X