The official 2021 APR TBH special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mac View Post
    Yessir 44mm and they’re mediums. Not sure if lows would work with the bolt throw and the ocular lens of the scope, guess it depends on which scope you go with. As far as the objective bell goes you could get by with lows. Hope that helps
    Thanks. I’ll be putting a vx5 3-15x44 on mine. I’ll go ahead and order the med then. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTIN HARD View Post
      [ATTACH]1059369[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1059370[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1059371[/ATTACH]
      Finally got her together.
      Really like that stock pattern. Was hoping to have the same, but I ordered the incorrect pattern. Overall, still happy with mine.

Comment

Yessir 44mm and they’re mediums. Not sure if lows would work with the bolt throw and the ocular lens of the scope, guess it depends on which scope you go with. As far as the objective bell goes you could get by with lows. Hope that helps
        Good to know. I have the VX5HD 3-15x44mm and low rings that I’ll be using from a previous gun, wondering if it’s going to fit.

Comment

I mounted a 50mm Leupold on mine in vortex/seekins lows. Bell sits up about a 1/4 “ and bolt throw is just fine on the back end.

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTIN HARD View Post
            [ATTACH]1059369[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1059370[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1059371[/ATTACH]
            Finally got her together.
            What rings/height did you go with? I’m planning on putting a NX8 2.5-20x50 as well. Did you go with the FFP or the SFP?

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
              If anyone built a shorter 6.5 PRC or 300 WSM and needs to get rid of it let me know! (Seriously)

I had to bail this year due to buying a house (Moved in in March) but am jealous of how they are starting to look.
              Bump for this ^^^^^

Wife loves the house (so do I) but would love one of these also

Some fine rifles showing up these last few days!

Comment

Originally posted by acc05R1 View Post
                Really like that stock pattern. Was hoping to have the same, but I ordered the incorrect pattern. Overall, still happy with mine.
                Yours looks great!

Originally posted by Bocephus1992 View Post
                What rings/height did you go with? I’m planning on putting a NX8 2.5-20x50 as well. Did you go with the FFP or the SFP?
                Nightforce lows FFP

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                  Good to know. I have the VX5HD 3-15x44mm and low rings that I’ll be using from a previous gun, wondering if it’s going to fit.

Same scope and this is the clearance I get w/ mediums

That being said I never tried lows so they may work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is anyone planning on using Hawkins Hybrid rings on this build? Seems like they would work pretty good with this setup.
                    Last edited by Muygrande; 08-19-2021, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Same scope and this is the clearance I get w/ mediums

That being said I never tried lows so they may work.

Good to know, thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Muygrande View Post
                        Is anyone planning on using Hawkins Hybrid rings on this build? Seems like they would work pretty good with this setup.
                        I'm using the Hawkins ultra light tactical. Very similar, the Tac attach to a Pic rail vs. direct mount with the hybrids. Both great rings for this build.

I'm using low rings with a 44mm VX6-HD.

Comment

Originally posted by Muygrande View Post
                          I run the Hawkins Hybrids on two SA anTis (30mm and 35mm tubes) If you have a specific scope in mind I can give you an idea on clearance.

Comment

Originally posted by duckhunter175 View Post
                            I run the Hawkins Hybrids on two SA anTis (30mm and 35mm tubes) If you have a specific scope in mind I can give you an idea on clearance.
                            Was planning on mounting a 44mm VX-6 HD using lows.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                              I'm using the Hawkins ultra light tactical. Very similar, the Tac attach to a Pic rail vs. direct mount with the hybrids. Both great rings for this build.

I'm using low rings with a 44mm VX6-HD.
                              I’m using the same rings with a 44mm VX5-HD.
                              I use Hawkins Hybrids on other rigs & love ‘em!

Comment

I got my bench moved and was able to shoot a few. I think I’ve got something to work with. I’m going to load a few more and run them thru the chrono and confirm at 200.

Comment

Working...
                                X