No announcement yet.

TBH Bee Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planted several trees and plants today for the bees, Got a few left, gonna finish tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
      Good for you then, but I know what effects mine. Hasn't been the weather either. lol

Weather effects range conditions they forage in, their ability to go out and forage and overall stress of the hive. Dense humidity, rain, hot and dry, warm ups to 70 after it froze the night before, etc. Wait until you are checking a yard full of hives and a shower rolls thru, they’ll let you know quickly they aren’t happy with the precip. Hot and dry during the dearth near September you’ll almost have to hold off on inspections because robbery will be so fierce when going thru double deeps checking on queen acceptance. When you run through 35-40 inspections in an afternoon you’ll get a good feel for how the hives are acting due to the weather, I promise.

Comment

This year is shaping up to better than last for us, hope to have deep honey supers taller than these were last year in a couple of months! Going to make about 40 splits around the middle of March when the queen shipment comes in. Been a full time part time job getting the deeps and frames ready in the evenings. Good luck gentlemen!

Comment

Dang son, you aint wasting time.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
            Dang son, you aint wasting time.
            Can't this time of the year or you'll wake up and be behind before you know it!

Comment

I'm learning how important timing is with bees, it's tough on us "I probably need to go check that" kinda guys. Got 2 hives that were looking ok early Dec., checked them mid Jan and they were in critical condition!

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERS View Post
                Can't this time of the year or you'll wake up and be behind before you know it!
                Your a few weeks ahead of us. We had 32degree weather this AM. Not to much is blooming right now, but its coming.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                  Your a few weeks ahead of us. We had 32degree weather this AM. Not to much is blooming right now, but its coming.

Have full frames of pollen building up right now and brood patterns are in both double deeps. Won’t be long till we are elbow deep making splits....

Comment

Good pollen coming in.....

Going to supplement some of the weaker hives Monday or Tuesday to try and get them caught up before splits are made. One of my biggest challenges is keeping them all about the same weight and size numbers wise.....

Comment

28 degrees here this morning but by 130 the bees were warmed up and working hard.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Masters, you are the man

Comment

Harvested my first time this past year, friends said best they had ever tasted.

Comment

Still learning. I have 10 hives right now. Hoping to get up to 20 someday. Still learning the ropes.

Comment

I’ve got a hive in the bottom of a camper in spur TX. Trailer Has a false floor that can be unscrewed from underneath to access. Anyone who wants to rescue this hive can do so. This is the year to get them as they will not be here next year no matter what. They are massive A-holes and we are tired of getting stung for nothing. Pm me if you want them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If it wasn’t 6 Hrs, I’d be all over it

Comment

Working...
                                X