Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats Greg!!! Well deserved

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations, Doc, what a beautiful animal, can’t wait for the recap!

Comment

Congrats

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Gonna start the recap and mix in some pics with my daily notes. Finally had my first shower in 12 days and cleaned up my beard. I feel a steak and a cocktail in my future!!!!

Some views from camp, the trailer at the first camp site. And the horses we used a few of the days. Judd, Roy and George.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
                          Outstanding! I had no doubt this would be a successful trip. Anxiously awaiting the write up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I see that you were hunting with your 6.5 PRC. Curious, what ammo was your choice and how much penetration?

I will be using a 6.5 PRC in an upcoming hunt and wondering if it is a large enough caliber.

Comment

Comment

On day 6 I even managed to get some archery practice in using my innovative shot trainer device. Might be on to something!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bbbuck View Post
                                I see that you were hunting with your 6.5 PRC. Curious, what ammo was your choice and how much penetration?

I will be using a 6.5 PRC in an upcoming hunt and wondering if it is a large enough caliber.
                                I love my 6.5 prc and I would be super comfortable with it for anything up to moose. On elk or moose I might keep my shots 400-500 yards max. But, I hate shooting that far anyway. I use the 143 grain eld-x. I shot factory ammo at first and now shoot some stuff from copper creek. I did their load development. My bullets are a bit faster than factory and from my gun hit about 3140 fps. I shot the sheep point on the shoulder at 178 yards and the bullet was a perfect mushroom right under the skin behind the off shoulder. The internal damage was impressive! I don’t think you could ask for more! Just remember, Europeans have been killing moose and red stags with 6.5 calibers for years.

Comment

Working...
                                X