Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your favorite time throughout your time on earth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your favorite time throughout your time on earth?

I got to thinking about things that I have seen in my lifetime and that you don't see much of anymore. Also what time in my life I'd go back to if I could rewind time. I'm an '89 model so I don't have a lot to compare it to. But you hear people talk about "the good ol'days", if ever there was such a thing. But things seemed simpler even in the 90's. Maybe partly because I was a kid. So of course it seemed that way to me.

But anyways I started thinking about how arcades are now a thing of the past and I'm sure there are more I could think of. Also going to McDonald's and not spending $10 for a Big Mac and fries and a drink. Just to name a few small noticeable things. Not as many cellphones could also be mentioned. That's one thing I've seen change for sure in my lifetime. Used to hardly anyone had one. Now it's rare to see someone who doesn't.

So having said that if you could have one time period at any point in your lifetime and live it right now over again what would it be? For me it's the 90's. It might not be as cool as an adult but I'd give it a go.

I was just thinking about this, sort of, on the way to work this morning. I was mostly thinking of particular days with long past grandparents that I would love to relive. The things my grandmother did for my amusement and enjoyment, the care free days fishing with my grandfather. Just to have one of those days again tomorrow, much more time would be spent appreciating the moments.

Comment

Originally posted by Benno View Post
      I was just thinking about this, sort of, on the way to work this morning. I was mostly thinking of particular days with long past grandparents that I would love to relive. The things my grandmother did for my amusement and enjoyment, the care free days fishing with my grandfather. Just to have one of those days again tomorrow, much more time would be spent appreciating the moments.
      Oh yeah for sure. For me I'd like to have been older in the 90's (if that makes sense) so that I could have fully understood who my great,great grandmothers were and heard stories they had to tell. One of them I was honestly kind of scared of. To me she was just an old woman. She lived to be 102 years old. She lived through the hardest of times. I wasn't interested in hearing all of that.

That's just one of the reasons. I didn't really think about stuff as much then. I didn't have to, I was a child.
      Last edited by okrattler; 09-27-2022, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Loved my days playing high school sports...football, powerlifting, baseball and track with some really great teammates/friends and lots of great memories...more recent would be about the time my youngest daughter was born and my other daughter was 4. I really enjoyed them being babies but they have grown up way too fast. Now I have a freshman in college and a freshman in HS

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by coachk View Post
          Loved my days playing high school sports...football, powerlifting, baseball and track with some really great teammates/friends and lots of great memories...more recent would be about the time my youngest daughter was born and my other daughter was 4. I really enjoyed them being babies but they have grown up way too fast. Now I have a freshman in college and a freshman in HS

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
          Time sure flies. That's actually what kind of got me thinking about it. I remember as a kid thinking about how old a person was when they talked about stuff that happened even 20 years ago. Now I'm talking about stuff I remember that long ago. I guess I'm old by my younger selfs point of view.

Maybe I'm old by anyone's standards. I don't know. My definition of old has changed by quite a bit.

Comment

My oldest memories were from about the time I was 3 years old. I remember my mom had a red Monte Carlo and she was going to school and working so a lot of times I'd go with her to work at the old folks home. I remember having to crawl under the car and bang on the starter with a wrench so we could get to work. I remember one day it broke down and my mom and I walked to work. I remember holding her hand and walking down the sidewalk. To me it was an adventure of sorts. Life wasn't as simple for my mom. She wasn't having a fun time.

Looking back on it we did eat Ramen noodles and Macaroni and cheese a lot. Times were hard then but I didn't know it.
            Last edited by okrattler; 09-27-2022, 09:56 PM.

Comment

This last 20 years
              Got married 19 years ago and RubyAnn was born 15 years ago and Reed Elliott was born 14 years ago.

Comment

Right now, this is it.
                I’m early 40’s, three young boys and an amazing wife. Spend a lot of time with parents. We make time to cook together and go out for ice cream.
                Great little thriving business with some talented and enjoyable people. Do some volunteering, work hard, play hard.
                We’re having a ton of fun. Just trying to make each day something we can look back on and smile about.
                Went to a 70th birthday last weekend for an uncle down on the farm where my grandfather grew up. Really puts things in perspective when the grandparents are gone, your parents are now the grandparents, and your kids are off playing in the barn you grew up playing in.

Comment

I'm trying to think of the last 20 years. A lot of cool things have happened. But I've also lost some of the best people I've ever known and have honestly worked non-stop for the better part of it. Went completely broke and lost everything pretty much at one point. So I don't know. In the past 20 years......I guess I just did adult stuff and learned what loss is mostly. I'd say mostly it wasn't that great.

The past 20 years I learned how to lose and accept it and power through it. The next 20 years I'll either start winning or I won't be alive in 20 years probably. I'm cool with either one really. I'll make the people that meant the most proud or I'll go see 'em. So I can't lose really.
                  Last edited by okrattler; 09-27-2022, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Teen years with what I know now.

edit: with what I THINK I know now!!!!

Comment

I wish I could rewind time to the year I was 14 years old. I spent a lot of time at my cousins house who had access to some of the best huntin and fishin I could have asked for and I didn't have the means or the know how to take full advantage of it.

When I say my cousin lived on some of the finest huntin and fishin ground I've ever stepped on I mean it was amazing. You can't even get on it now. It's privately owned just sitting there. Nobody's even running cattle on it. You talk about deer,turkey,varmints and bass galore....shoot.....you'd lose y'alls minds if I could show it to ya.
                      Last edited by okrattler; 09-27-2022, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Post 2002 and pre 2019.

Comment

The past 17+ yrs. My wife and I got married had our two boys and it has been a blast living life with those 3. I am very blessed. If I could go back and do it all over again, I would make sure I was there for my boys first steps and first words, and that I was around more in their toddler and younger ages.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
                            Teen years with what I know now.

edit: with what I THINK I know now!!!!
                            What's funny is how many people tried to school us punk teenaged kids saying that exact thing. "Man if I was your age knowing what I know now I'd be doing xy and z." Yea, sure old man.

I should've done xy and z

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                              What's funny is how many people tried to school us punk teenaged kids saying that exact thing. "Man if I was your age knowing what I know now I'd be doing xy and z." Yea, sure old man.

I should've done xy and z
                              I think about that too. But I chose to do things my way. I guess for the most part it was a good choice. Had I done things differently I don't know that I'd know what I know now. I'd say I chose the harder path but it was probably better for me in the long run. Hindsight is always going to be 20/20. Life could have gone a lot of different ways for me. I could have chose worse. Could have done way better too.

Comment

Working...
                              X