Stolen gun recovered after being stolen over 6 years ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, cool deal

I know a guy that bought a used custom rifle and had a bunch of additional work done to it. He hunting in Mexico and when they checked it on the border they said it was stolen. Long story guy wanted it back, he got a better gun back than he had stolen

Comment

Good that you got it back but surprised that Chicago released it.

Comment

It would be interesting to know all that gun has been through and done.

Comment

So your pistol was caught in an unauthorized area, arrested, and deported back to the last known residence.

Congrats on the recovery.

Comment

You just reminded me to update my gun information file. I’m surprised this thread is full of people getting them back - I’ve been told that most people don’t have an inventory list or serials by an insurance buddy of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Riceguy View Post
              You just reminded me to update my gun information file. I’m surprised this thread is full of people getting them back - I’ve been told that most people don’t have an inventory list or serials by an insurance buddy of mine.
              I have a list and I’m the only one in possession of it.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                Fantastic luck! I have had 3 Glocks stolen over the years. Never got one back.
                Stop buying glocks!!!

Comment

lol I was gonna say I wonder how many bodies are on it now but somebody beat me to it.

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                  I would assume Chicago would test fire and enter the case in brass Trax prior to returning it. At least thats how most agencies in Texas do it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                  Nah they don't actually want to catch anyone up there, it just causes paperwork when they immediately release them.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                    I have a list and I’m the only one in possession of it.
                    I have an inventory list with photo's for both firearms and bows. It also needs updating.

Comment

Working...
                    X