No announcement yet.

Live scope. Is it worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm a bass fisherman first, but do love catching crappie. It's definitely a game changer. i pulled up on 3 different spots to fish for crappie on saturday. first 2 spots, they would come up to my bait and check it out but wouldn't eat it so i knew not to waist my time there. got to the 3rd spot and they were eating. probably had 200-300 crappie stacked up on a rock pile. had a limit of 12"-16" fish in less than an hour.

Comment

I bought my boat with Livescope on it from Drycreek on here, and can tell you as a crappie fisherman it is life changing. There is a small learning curve to it, but once you get it down it is amazing.
      It definitely has not taken the fun out of it for me and I have already learned a lot about fish behavior and patterns just by watching their reaction to different baits, and even their likelihood to bite by how they are positioned on structure.
      Definite game changer if you like to crappie or panfish and well worth it.

Comment

Man I want one of these bad. Our time on the water is somewhat limited so any help with efficiency would be nice.

Comment

I have active target similar it’s a game changer and allows you to eliminate marks found with side scan quickly. But it vacant be frustrating to see fish swim up and then reject you bait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There must be something too it. I've had white bass fisherman dang near troll over me chasing schools. Reminded me of teenagers with their faces burried in cell phones. They were catching the heck out of them though.

Comment

Live scope. Is it worth it?

I have a new lvs 34 but yet to get out on the water with it yet. Gonna chase crappie locally. But I’m mostly curious if Livescope can be an effective tool for the salt. My first thought was that it might be really cool in summer when it’s hot the fish are deep, to go bounce around the rigs looking for fish to catch. Anyone use it this way?

Comment

Kinda what i figured. Ive spent alot of time trying to find em on pilons and such. Also finding the right depth and feel this would help a ton!

Originally posted by Bowdog View Post
                There must be something too it. I've had white bass fisherman dang near troll over me chasing schools. Reminded me of teenagers with their faces burried in cell phones. They were catching the heck out of them though.

Comment

I have 2! I’d say it’s worth it. Just get a 12” to begin with. Or don’t look at a 12” screen ever!

Comment

Don’t have the funds. Feel the 9” is on sale and would work for me. Also could get normal livescope or go livescope plus for a bit more

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                    I have 2! I’d say it’s worth it. Just get a 12” to begin with. Or don’t look at a 12” screen ever!

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
                      Don’t have the funds. Feel the 9” is on sale and would work for me. Also could get normal livescope or go livescope plus for a bit more
                      Save up for the 12” trust us

Comment

I bought the 9 to be easier on my budget. 2 months in I bought a 12. If I could get a 16 I would. The screen size really makes a difference. 9 to 12 is a huge difference.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

They have the old Transducer on sale vs the livescope plus. Seems the livescope plus with a smaller screen would be ok vs the old. It seems to really give you more separation and clarity. Im also a weekend fisher and do alot of fly fishing it probably wont get used for.

Originally posted by Anthonysince94 View Post
                          I bought the 9 to be easier on my budget. 2 months in I bought a 12. If I could get a 16 I would. The screen size really makes a difference. 9 to 12 is a huge difference.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Seems the 9” right now is $699 vs a 10” is double that if not more

Comment

It wouldn’t be worth it for my fishing application, but if it were I **** sure would have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Caught my PB bass first day out with it out of an offshore brush pile that I never knew was there 9.96 lbs...it hooked me.

Best advice that I got before purchase from the guy that showed me how to use the unit was...."Go ahead and buy the 12" unit to start with, you will end up buying it in a few months anyway." Great advice I have learned

Comment

Working...
                                X