Live scope. Is it worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live scope. Is it worth it?

Always loved the idea of live scope. Not the cost. Just wondering if everyone who got it thinks it’s a drastic change in their fishing?

I’m usually on the water every weekend so I’d use it I’m sure but wondering yalls thoughts specially when it’s to dang hot now to be out on the water all day.

Thanks

Scott

I do, I think it's awesome. IMO you don't need it if you are fishing a lot of shallow stuff. I really like it for Crappie. Will probably use it more this summer for some off shore bass. I will say though that at times I find myself glued to it trying to find my bait.

Comment

Livescope

I use mega 360 more than livescope, but they both have their advantages, and work great if you have both.

Comment

I never had a chance to use it but I bet it would be a dream for targeting big cats and gar.

Comment

If you are asking for positive advice you are getting ready to spend some money my friend. I’ve heard it is life changing.

Comment

its addictive! i enjoy the heck out of mine

Comment

My concern is I’ll be glued to it. Also saw a guy pull up stick a bait in a fishes face with it not get a bite for a bit and take his boat out saying fish arnt eating today.

Kinda takes the fun out of enjoying the outdoors doesn’t it?

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                I never had a chance to use it but I bet it would be a dream for targeting big cats and gar.
                My new boat comes in at the end of this month. Your welcome to come check out livescope and catch a few crappie. I've targeted some big cats with it on Conroe and dropped on big gar in the Trinity using it. Its a great tool.

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
                  My concern is I’ll be glued to it. Also saw a guy pull up stick a bait in a fishes face with it not get a bite for a bit and take his boat out saying fish arnt eating today.

Kinda takes the fun out of enjoying the outdoors doesn’t it?
                  Fish still gotta eat the bait even with livescope. There will be a learning curve, meaning learn how to really use it or its not worth your money.
                  Makes crappie fishing easy. More of a learning curve for bass.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=scott.str;16257557

Kinda takes the fun out of enjoying the outdoors doesn’t it?[/QUOTE]

Maybe for some but not me. I’d be having a helluva lot of fun knowing I was sitting on top of 300 crappie. I would just wait for em to get hungry if they weren’t biting when I dropped on em.

Comment

Best for crappie and white bass for sure. They just came out with new model so old lvs32 models are getting easy to find in the used market (around $800 -$900 I've seen for tranducer and black box). Graph could run $600 to $3k depending on what size you want. I have the garmin 1022 and it's great.

Comment

I’m running the Lowrance Active Target (fished the LiveScope with guide). I did some homework and AT was the better option for me but I think it’s splitting hairs. I’m a Lowrance guy so went with what I know. YouTube has some great videos to gain some knowledge.

Ultimately I’m in both camps, throwing a line in therapeutic but also learning to leverage the technology is pretty cool as well…

G.

Comment

Go and fish with Slew and see what you think. If you like to crappie fish it is a no brainer.

Comment

I don't have it, but fished with a top notch guru with it. It is the real deal! If I freshwater fished more I would own it.

Comment

Yes.

But,

It's not an end all be all. It's not going to make the fish bite, especially when they're being finicky.

You'll end up spending more time running the lake slow with sidescan on, marking, then going back to see it those structures hold fish.

For efficiency, it's a game changer.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X