Securing camp at DCNF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Securing camp at DCNF

Guys this is my first hunting experience on public land other than a day hunt or two at LBJ Grasslands. Myself, my brother and two of my sons are hunting near Groveton and staying in one of the hunter camps down there.
    Aside from the obvious and not leaving guns unsecured how much stuff do you worry about locking up? We will have a couple of tents and cooking stuff, no expensive coolers but I know that unfortunately you can’t trust everyone in this world......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would lock everthing up!

Comment

We've literally had everything stolen from the same area you are talking about. Sometimes we've had ppl go through our camps when not there and stuff come up missing. Some years no problems at all. The last year we stayed there they stole everything. Campers cookware coolers tarps and all. That's when we quit staying on the camp road.

Comment

Does it make a difference if we are going during the week? Also if not on the camp road where then?

Comment

The time they stole our entire setup was during the week. For the most part we didn't have problems, and we camped there for many years. Now we stay in an rv park in town. It was locals that stole our stuff. The rv turned up a few years later. Just don't leave anything of value there. If I didn't stay in town now with some buddies I would still camp there. Not trying to scare you from it. There's thieves everywhere now days.

Comment

We have had more then one Meth head go through our deer camps in east Tx. One year they caught them but most times they don’t,

Comment

That’s what worried me, locals know it’s there and it’s not all THAT far from town. All they have to do is take a little drive and clean me out.
              I’ve been on a lease where they cut the lock and stole a bunch of stuff too so it can happen anywhere, I just know that public land is easier to access and there are a lot more people roaming around out there.....

Comment

Set up some cameras near camp so you can at least see who it is if it does happen

Comment

We ended up staying at a private campground north of Apple Springs. Really nice place and we will probably just keep staying there.

Comment

Originally posted by Haulinbass02 View Post
                    We ended up staying at a private campground north of Apple Springs. Really nice place and we will probably just keep staying there.

Cedar creek camp?

Comment

Working...
                    X