Granger Lake Archery Hunting 2018-2019 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by travisn321 View Post
    You can show up for orientation and they will raffle off the permits from the people that did not show up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you

Comment

Didnt find the time like i wanted to get a few hours over the weekend, this cold front coming in the over the next 2 weeks could be timing it any better for the people going for deer!

Comment

I logged 5 miles Saturday and almost screwed myself with dehydration. 2 bottles of water was not enough. Guys, take more than enough water, especially if you are going to be walking a lot. 1/2 your body weight in ounces will help keep you out of trouble.

Travis and I tromped around Sunday morning logging 5.6 miles. He needs some good boots besides those 20" tall stiff snake boots. Anyone have any to donate? or maybe just some ankle pads...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
          I logged 5 miles Saturday and almost screwed myself with dehydration. 2 bottles of water was not enough. Guys, take more than enough water, especially if you are going to be walking a lot. 1/2 your body weight in ounces will help keep you out of trouble.

Travis and I tromped around Sunday morning logging 5.6 miles. He needs some good boots besides those 20" tall stiff snake boots. Anyone have any to donate? or maybe just some ankle pads...LOL

He’s not lying, I’m pretty sure I’m going to set fire to those boots!

Comment

Granger Lake Archery Hunting 2018-2019 Season

Glad it didn't go worse than it did for you brother. That spot will pay in spades.

@travisn321, $40 snake gaiters on top of some waterproof hikers. Covered about 3 miles of soft ground and felt decent at the end of it.

Foreverlast Snake Guard Shields https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005CI1LFI..._nWaVBb5S2D37F

Comment

You know alot of people jump to the hunting boots but what i have used all my years is military boots. Cheap, last you a hell of a long time, and if you get them broke in they aren't bad at all. i always wear the everlast snake guards. itll be the best $40 ever spent if i dont get bit.

Comment

Originally posted by txhushlife View Post
                You know alot of people jump to the hunting boots but what i have used all my years is military boots. Cheap, last you a hell of a long time, and if you get them broke in they aren't bad at all. i always wear the everlast snake guards. itll be the best $40 ever spent if i dont get bit.
                I agee my old boots from the army love em very comfortable after breaking them in. Put alot of mile on those boots

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm a hiking boots guy. Currently have a pair of Columbia waterproof ones from Goodwill @ $13

Comment

Yeah the morrells will be going back on for the next couple months for sure.

Comment

How "snaky" is it out there, anyway? Been a while since I duck hunted over at Sore Finger, but never saw any crooked critters around there.

Comment

I haven't seen any curvy sticks and I've logged 65 walking miles over the past 40 days.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                          How "snaky" is it out there, anyway? Been a while since I duck hunted over at Sore Finger, but never saw any crooked critters around there.

Saw a couple of king snakes, nothing to be frightened over. They did save my ankles from a buried barbed wire fence out in Willis Creek. Ain't worried about a snake hit after that. Txhushlife is right, best $40 I've spent on my gear.

Comment

you know as much stomping around as i have done out there, i have only come across water moccasins, never seen a rattler out there or copper head either....doesnt mean they arent there but me the water snakes tend to find each other every time.

Comment

Hydration starts the day before your hike not the day of and that includes what you eat. Carbs and salt will retain the water for the next days hike.

Comment

Originally posted by jtslush View Post
                                Orientation was moved to 10/22.
                                Did they really or you just trying to throw standbys off? Someone pulled this stunt on TBH for the Hagerman deadline a few years ago and the refuge threatened retaliation.

Comment

Working...
                                X