Laguna Atascosa 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jacob,

glad to see you drawn again. I am really looking forward to the hunt. I want to get away from the crowds. We'll see how it goes. I will more than likely...once I find a spot I like will set up & camp out in it..least for a couple days. If I don't see anything, may move.

figure if they are in the area, should at least see them. I am gonna camp in the county park. They close the entrance at 10:00 p.m. No vehicle entry after that.

I have been reading older threads about LANWR and Nilgai hunting. Have learned alot.

Comment

Originally posted by jbw899 View Post
      federal game wardens weren't too happy with me killing a nilgai so far back but I like getting away from the crowd.

Well they need to close that area off if they don't want to get their shiny white Raptors dirty driving back there! lol

That's unfortunate if they were hassling you over that... the ones we dealt with were super chill and shot the poo with us while Pepper cleaned his nilgai. Didn't check our paperwork or anything just came over to chat (they might have been check us out but they werent obvious about it if they were!)

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
        But hunt utilizing 4 wheeler.(i have the medical release). Wanna see what the backside of unit 1 looks like and maybe the west side of 3.
        I'll bring my wake board and a rope, you can pull me out. No rules on sleigh rides right.

BUT SERIOUSLY, please don't run us walkers over and be mindful of the times you ride in and out. Animals there are skiddish.

Comment

Bike or walk===Walk, I have had several experiences of game sightings and stalk
          opportunities that would have never happened on a bike. Also after several
          days, *** hurts from sitting all day and riding bike.
          Tripod or chair or tent blind.===Depends on your liking. Do you move a lot and eat
          tacos wrapped in shinny aluminum foil all day, then a tent blind. If you have
          a lightweight tripod that is secured and under 6'--8' and you won't be
          bringing it by me at prime hunting hours to set it up, than it is the preferred
          method.
          Where to stay===Arroyo City has plenty of places on the water where one can fish for
          trout under the lights if you want. Sea Way Village has apartments for rent.
          If you don't go home with deer/nilgai, you can take momma some fish!

We are all sportsmen, so don't feel like your out there alone. I have helped many individuals get there deer and nilgai out of the woods. If your appreciative of help and you got a nilgai, some meat is always appreciated :-)

Comment

Originally posted by hound dog View Post
            I'll bring my wake board and a rope, you can pull me out. No rules on sleigh rides right.

BUT SERIOUSLY, please don't run us walkers over and be mindful of the times you ride in and out. Animals there are skiddish.
            If I do end up bringing it... I plan to be the first in and last out...and not be riding it during the day.

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY CHIEF View Post
              Us 2. Me and (Sneaky)
              Nice!

Comment

Me and 3 buddies are staying at seaway rv park for the December 7-11 hunt. First time to hunt down there.

Comment

3 of us got drawn in the second draw 11/16-11/20. This will be my second time drawing the hunt, but the first time going.

Comment

Originally posted by txhoghunter73 View Post
                    3 of us got drawn in the second draw 11/16-11/20. This will be my second time drawing the hunt, but the first time going.
                    Congrats. I was drawn for that hunt on the first draw but had to let it go back. Not enough vacation time. I hope you drew my spot!

Good luck!

Comment

My group got drawn for the hunt between 11/30 through 12/4. We attended the exotic archery hunt last year. We stayed in Harlingen last year in a hotel, this year we are thinking about staying at Adolph Thomae County Park. Has any of y’all stay at the park in the past, if so what are the amenities like? Such as shower and bathroom facilities, rv sites and tent sites. All help is appreciated, will help us to make our decision.

Comment

My group is staying in Thomae park. Our first time down. They told me one camper or one tent per spot. Have hookups. the primitive camping is first come. Park closes at 10 P.M. No entry after vehicle after that. Have showers/bathroom. Don't know about tables or fire pit.

Comment

Thank you for the insight Huntindad. I called to talk to the park office last week and it was very hard to understand the gentleman that answered the phone. Anyone else with experience or knowledge of the park?

Comment

I got drawn for 11/30-12/4 as well. will be my second time hunting there. really looking forward to it!

Comment

They just sent emails out confirming orientations at 3:00 in Los Fresnos for the Nov 30-Dec 4 hunt.

Comment

I got the email as well for the 11-16 hunt.

Comment

Working...
                                X