• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get the 5" filter and heat pump

Comment

Sorry OP...my rant ain’t helping you one bit
      I’m gonna back out of here and let the rest steer you along

Comment

Big plus is improve air filtration. Honeywell f100 filter system at the very least. doesn't add more than $150 to the contractors cost. I put one in every job I do. don't even give them the option. Most like it when they discover they only have to change filters once or twice a year, which is what they have been doing anyway.

Most mfg's, give a 10 yr (at least) parts warranty for a matched system. In the fine print they mention that you have to perform regular maintenance to keep this warranty up. So, I recommend you buy a maintenance agreement from your contractor after the install. This will only cost $130 to $150 a year, excluding filters or other maint parts (uv air purifier bulbs, humidifier pads). Most also offer priority service and price breaks for maintenance contract customers.

Comment

Like said above, I'd find a different brand. Price seems a bit steep for 14 seer AC, closer to HP prices I would guess. You definitely want to go with heat pump and like said above I'd throw in the HW F100 air cleaner. I believe all brands will offer a 10 year parts warranty when registered.

I'm partial to American Standard heating and air conditioning products. Take a look at consumer reports.

Comment

Nolan Ryan recommends American Standard. A fellow Texan wouldn't lie.

Comment

My Rheem lasted over 30 years in the unit installed in the original build. I went back with a Rheem, but get it serviced 2 times per year. No problems so far. Not sure what I paid but I got varying prices from cheap to expensive for the same unit!

Comment

I’m in the business and those prices are fair.

Comment

Last edited by -HIC-; 07-13-2019, 06:56 AM.

Comment

I am local to you, about the same size house.

When the wife gets home later I will let you know who we used and what it costs.

American Standard unit and I am pretty sure we didn't pay what you were quoted

Comment

I've already responded to similar posts. I just got a 20 seer Carrier Infinity installed for 13k. Saving me already $100 monthly and it is awesome at keeping the house comfortable.

Comment

Working...
                      X