X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
    1st week of July iirc?

Comment

Checked for the new booklet a couple times myself. Always enjoy putting in for the TPWD Draw Hunts, especially for my son.

Comment

Originally posted by lordvader View Post
        After many tries, we finally got picked for Chaparral last year. Boy was that a disappointing hunt. The place felt like you were in a game preserve with all its rules and regs on the game animals. You can shoot this but we prefer you don't. That place is highly overrated in my opinion. I hunted a lot of drawn hunts through the years. And there are much better places.
        i agree. my daughter drew chap 3 years ago and they put us in a small, maybe 250 acre pasture which didn't bother me. first hunt the cows poured out, ate all the corn and we saw nothing. same thing the next morning. went to one of the wardens to ask if they could move us due to the cows. he said sorry all blinds are full. The accepted as many standbys as they had extra blinds for, i think it was like 20+ standbys. I get accepting a few standbys but it would stand to reason that you leave some slack in there for those who have waited, some many years, to draw and may not be in the best place.
        it was a mad house.

Comment

ready to send TPWD ALL MY MONEY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
            dang critters don't have a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
              Yep, the helo shooters killed them all this spring.

I'm not putting in for Laguna this year so someone else can have my spot

I won’t be goin back to Laguna. More than happy to give my spot up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh I'm gonna be back in 2020 I just drew NM Muley and Elk this year so I won't have time

Comment

Originally posted by Jen-Man View Post

Laguna archery was a bust for a lot of us locals. 250 permits per hunt is way too much. Newbies stomping around the prime spots.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jen-Man View Post

I will put in again. I came very very close to getting a shot a huge bull. I think he stalled when he saw the pop up... I was at full draw waiting for him to take about 5 steps. 20 yards.

But then again I was in an unpopular area cause I wanted to be away from the crowds.

Nilgai is on my list.

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
                      They get a sizable donation from me every year, some years, nothing, but some years I get lucky.

Last year BIL and I drew three antlerless hunts, were able to go on two, and I got six deer and he got five and a hog. Two of his were Axis does and one of mine was an Axis buck. I can't complain.

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
                        Laguna archery was a bust for a lot of us locals. 250 permits per hunt is way too much. Newbies stomping around the prime spots.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Yes, I was a Newby but had a couple of spots picked out. Once I got settled it wasn’t bad. Had an opportunity on deer but nothing else. Had some people come by early and late. Would prefer fewer people and assigned units.

Comment

Instead of donating your funds to TP&W, I know of a charitable pers......uh......orgas-nization, that could use all the funds you want to donate. Just think of the great opportunity you have to help a person out. They could then maybe even put-in for several draw hunts with this state on-line thingy. And maybe get a chance to put some meat in the freezer! Wouldn't' that leave ya feel-n good?

For more info, send me a PM and I'll send ya the address on where to send the funds. Cash preferred. But money orders, personal checks made out to cash, paypal, and pre-paid debit cards will be accepted. Here's your chance to help a feller...mmm... organ-i-zayion out!

Comment

Edit: However, if ya de-side to spend those funds on your self, The best of Luq to ya this year.
                            Last edited by Texas Grown; 06-26-2019, 06:33 PM.

Comment

The 2019 - 2020 book is online now.

Comment

Here we go!

Comment

Working...
                                X