No announcement yet.

Parisa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very easy to make just make sure the meat is 100% trimmed.

Hondo's, Dhanis and Schotts is awesome. Dzuiks is meh.

Haven't seen it any closer this way then San Antonio

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
      So this is essentially ceviche on the hoof?
      You got it!

Comment

Man I want to try this stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

DZUIKS in Castroville & PRIMOS' in Hondo....only two places I know of I get a couple pounds every trip to the ranch.... & then a couple pounds on the way home.

Anyone ever tried making it with WT or Axis backstrap ???

Comment

The parisa at Primo Processing is the best I have ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              Man I want to try this stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Don't do it Dale..... you'll be hooked Put it on those fire crackers form BUCEES & ice chest of cold beer is all a man needs

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stickers View Post
                DZUIKS in Castroville & PRIMOS' in Hondo....only two places I know of I get a couple pounds every trip to the ranch.... & then a couple pounds on the way home.

Anyone ever tried making it with WT or Axis backstrap ???
                I have made it with Axis a bunch. Even did a taste test at the ranch once with Dzuiks and Schotts and was given the thumbs up. As mentioned just make sure its trimmed to 100% and cube the cheese and not shred it so it doesn't "mush" together much. And keep it on/around ice so it stays together firm also.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                  I have made it with Axis a bunch. Even did a taste test at the ranch once with Dzuiks and Schotts and was given the thumbs up. As mentioned just make sure its trimmed to 100% and cube the cheese and not shred it so it doesn't "mush" together much. And keep it on/around ice so it stays together firm also.
                  Sounds good, I'm gonna give it a shot this year. We like to call it SOUTH TEXAS or BRUSH COUNTRY CAVIAR

Comment

Made it several times the past year. I like to use uncle Chris’s steak seasoning instead of salt and pepper

Comment

We have been digging on venison tartare lately. Takes a leap of faith with raw venison and raw egg yoke but dang it's good. If you like that sort of thing, I would suggest giving it a shot. I've only used backstrap that has been well trimmed.

Comment

I made some once from a recipe I found online and it was okay, but I have never had the real thing from one of the meat markets that makes it or made by someone from the area. I really want a pound or two of the real thing, but I haven't been anywhere near that area for years.

Anybody Houston guys that are in Castroville or Hondo and wants to pick me up a pound of it to try, let me know and I will be happy to reimburse you cost plus.

Comment

Looks pretty simple to make. Gonna have to try making some.

Comment

I’ve got some backstrap that needs to be eaten and this sounds like a new way to eat it.

Comment

Tried some from Alamo in Comfort. It wasn’t my cup of tea. Scrambled it in some eggs and it made fantastic breakfast tacos.

Comment

Originally posted by Speck View Post
                                Tried some from Alamo in Comfort. It wasn’t my cup of tea. Scrambled it in some eggs and it made fantastic breakfast tacos.
                                So you cooked it? 🙄

Comment

Working...
                                X