Funny public land discoveries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
    I "found" a body but didn't realize it at the time. Smelled something dead by the gate. Didn't smell like anything dead I had smelled before. I figured it was just road kill and went hunting. Couple days later an old man metal detecting found a hooker's body wrapped in trash bags in the ditch by the gate...
    Putting this cover story in the hopper in case my dna is ever found on a dead prostitute. "I was just hunting nearby officer, I swear."

Comment

I was scouting some property and I was a long way from any roads. Came upon an old township with a historical marker. Old, old buildings with grownup bushes and trees in the buildings. No roads, got no idea how the sign got there. I think it was called Belgrade or New Belgrade, something along that line. Pretty cool.

Comment

The best one i have is me and my grandad was fishing the grasslands by Decatur just pond hopping I think we were going to clear lake. In my quite little Toyota rolled up on a guy and girl getting it on in the bed of the truck. They had no clue we was there tell I had to shift gear. And seeing my 80 year old grandad laughing was the best thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
          I was scouting some property and I was a long way from any roads. Came upon an old township with a historical marker. Old, old buildings with grownup bushes and trees in the buildings. No roads, got no idea how the sign got there. I think it was called Belgrade or New Belgrade, something along that line. Pretty cool.
          Is that off of fm 1416 ?? There is a community called Belgrade

Comment

Originally posted by J_Riley View Post
            The best one i have is me and my grandad was fishing the grasslands by Decatur just pond hopping I think we were going to clear lake. In my quite little Toyota rolled up on a guy and girl getting it on in the bed of the truck. They had no clue we was there tell I had to shift gear. And seeing my 80 year old grandad laughing was the best thing!

That’s Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Ouch View Post
              Panties. With pooh in them.

I had a buddy find a "fake wiener."
              Still got em?

...asking for a friend

Comment

Deer hunting public land in western Minnesota, it was cold and snowy and I lost my left glove the first day. Didn't see anything the first day so went to a different area a mile or more opposite side of the road. Hiked back in a few hundred yards and saw the same ice armor left glove laying in the snow with no tracks around. My gloves were size large this one was XL. We have to wear blaze organge while hunting and I could see s nobody in this wide open country. Wore the glove the rest of the trip and found my glove tucked up under the back seat when I got home.

Found a giant fancy glass pipe on a big padded carry case miles up from a trial-head in Colorado just sitting on a boulder all loaded with pot ready to go. Guessing someone had smoked a ton based on the pipe size and just lost their focus, or they got carried off by a mountain lion.

Comment

I came across a huge marijuana grow. They had a fence around it and you can tell they just fertilized it and watered it. I got out of there quick and called the law. Of course they wanted me to take them back to the site. I did and they pulled 82 plants 4ft tall and left a card on the gate saying we are watching you. I never went back.

Comment

Originally posted by bownut View Post
                    I came across a huge marijuana grow. They had a fence around it and you can tell they just fertilized it and watered it. I got out of there quick and called the law. Of course they wanted me to take them back to the site. I did and they pulled 82 plants 4ft tall and left a card on the gate saying we are watching you. I never went back.
                    I told em we’d find you.

Comment

Last year me and two buddies decided to hunt the end of the Big Slough wilderness in the DC for the first time. We dropped one friend off at intersecting deer trails and walked another 3-500 yards through the thick stuff until we came across another trail intersection and set up. When we came in there wasn’t anyone else on the road. No trucks, no nothing. Around 6pm we heard what sounded like a mountain lion scream. My buddy asked me “did that sound like a mountain lion to you?” I said no way and just kept quiet. Around 7:10 or so we start hearing what sounds like a man yelling “hey! Heyyyyyy!” Couldn’t exactly make it out, seemed a good ways off. We got out of the tree pretty quick and made it back to our buddy who was about 20’ higher up the tree than when we left him. He asked if we heard a mountain lion, because he was almost positive he heard one attack a pig in the brush not far from where we were standing. All while we’re discussing this the screams of whoever is yelling off in the distance are still going on. So we book it back towards the truck and as soon as this person saw our lights they made their way towards us down the road. Come to find out this is a 16 year old who went out hunting with his 70+ year old grandpa and grandpas friend who was a little older than that. Apparently they split up with grandpas friend around 9am and he was suppose to be back at the truck by 5pm, it was around 8:30 pm as we found this out. He asked if we could help him search the woods for his grandpas friend, to which I sadly had to decline. I took his information and promised to call the sheriff and game warden once I had service, and I did. I never found out if that old man made it out. So never found anything crazy, but I won’t remember my first trip deep into big Slough. That place still gives me the creeps.

Comment

Originally posted by bownut View Post
                        Honestly man..theres some stuff I wouldnt share in public. Never know who might see what and some folks have long memories

Comment

Crossed paths with a guy with the weirdest look on his face only to turn the corner to find a bunch of toilet paper and you know what, guess I caught him in the middle of his morning routine

Comment

Walked up on a can of whole kernel corn with the lid open hunting Corp land. Noticed the hunter posted up right after hunting the canned corn. He got up and walked towards me with a sks rifle with 30 round mag. I about messed my trousers. Thank goodness he was not offended for me molesting his hunt.

Comment

I might just be a public land discovery on Monday haha! We'll see what happens when ole boy rolls up and finds me in the stand that's been claimed as his area. Surprise!!

Comment

A few years ago in Sam Houston I found a dead horse with a saddle and still tied to a tree.

Comment

Working...
                                X