No announcement yet.

Rage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats not my point bro. I dont mean favorite brands. I mean sumthin vs sumthin that cant the abuse that the other sumthin can. Ok did i confuse you enough??

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
      Okay help me. I had one explode on a shoulder last season. Ive killed several with Grizz Tricks and Muzzys n such hitting em in that same spot. Now youre right. I pulled a little off no doubt. But why would i wanna continue to shoot a Rage. Respectful question bro i aint bein a bu-hole.
      I'm not saying that you didn't have a Rage fail, but I'd like to see what happened to your broadhead to make it do that. I have taken a number of used rages apart and noticed they were not all put together the same. The differences I found were older heads that had hollow or solid push pins, newer heads have screws that held the blades into the ferrule. Another difference was in the blade locking design some older heads had a smooth transition that locked into the rubber o-ring and the newer type has a more aggressive angle that holds the blades closed tighter and seem less likely to open(granted all purchased in different years) after talking with reps, they informed me that they had switched completely to blades that are screw retained now rather than the push pins. I would be interested to see if the heads you had come apart had the hollow push pins or the screws.

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw View Post
        If everything is tuned, fixed blades will fly like field points also.
        ^^^^^X2

Comment

two conversations

1. Tune your bow, doesn't matter what kind of head your shooting. Low and right means its out of tune, you have spine and rest/nock issues that will take all of 15-20 minutes to fix. Straight arrow puts more of the power stroke directly behind the arrow, you may get a mechnical to group with your field point but the likelihood of a pass through is lessened. I see numerous people saying you "can't get one" but thats not the truth, I've had mechnicals zip through em like butter. I've also had fixed broadheads not go through em. depends on where you shoot them, I personally like the onside leg forward and I aim at the back side leg, as often as not I don't get a pass through instead I smash the vitals and bust up leg bone. Key to me is tune your bow, it really takes no time.

2. is Rage . . . . it's a great head. can it fail? yes so can numerous things. I've had fix broadhead that upon impact spun in a way that they loosened from the arrow and the blades slipped out of the washer (rocky mt TI's which incidentally I still wish they made). I've killed numerous animals, punched through bones with Rages. My son shot 40 ke's and has killed some fine animals with them without a problem. GoneHunting68 (Rob from SniperHogLights) has shot a ridiculously large quantity of animals with the 40ke, I've not had long conversations with him but he never complained of failures. I personally have moved to the t3 because i prefer the retention clip.

Comment

If your fixed blades aren't hitting where your field points do it's not tuned.

Comment

I like them as new to bow huntin, I can train with them very conveniently and as you can see from the pic, they sure work ...
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Archer-Boy; 01-26-2012, 12:19 AM.

Comment

BTW ... the above pic is the entry and it sliced through the heart

Comment

Badshot it was newer models. Head broke on impact. Both blades were laying a couple feet this side of were he was standing. I thout i killed the hell out of em. He turned and tboned a big oak got up an ran 70 yards. I went back to the house and drank a cup of coffee with my dad. I left em laying over an hour. I went back and noticed no blood on the ground. I slipped in to where i could see him. He spotted me an hauled ***. I left em several hours more. I got back on him several times that day but it was to thick to shoot. But 3 different times i could clearly see the impact point. He shoulda been dead i kept tellin myself. I decided to leave him overnight. I went back to were i shot em and thats when i found both blades. I did not find him.

Comment

Point is you shoot something hard with a rage ur not gona like the result and u take the same shot with a fixed blade like a slick trick its probly gona slice right through the bone and get your kill shot. I think that is what ragin is trying to say and he did say earlier it was a good head just stay back in the crease.

Comment

Like this???
                      This is the same spot i hit with the Rage. With very different results. Downward angles.
                      Attached Files

Comment

You will love them. I've been shooting them for 3 years now and have never had a "failure". I have killed around 35-40 animals with them.

Comment

Originally posted by J-J Matt View Post
                          You will love them. I've been shooting them for 3 years now and have never had a "failure". I have killed around 35-40 animals with them.
                          Lol. Then you should be due!

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                            Lol. Then you should be due!
                            I have lost two animals that were shot with rage in that time and both were more operator error than broadhead.

Comment

Bag targets.

What’s the best bag target for the money?

Comment

Originally posted by Bay View Post
                                What’s the best bag target for the money?
                                May want to start your own post instead of bring of bringing up 6 year old post. With that said I have had decent luck with the academy house brand, don't remember the name of it.

Sent from my XT1687 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X