Tuning help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuning help

Took a slow mo video and my arrows are dipping down drastically on the front end after being released. Had the bow at the shop the other day and they checked a few things and said everything looks in tune but something is obviously wrong. Arrows are straight by the time the get to the target at 20 yds and I'm getting good groups. Best I can tell arrow is 90 deg. From the string. Doesn't seem to be much side to side play in flight, just mainly up and down.
    I'm shooting an elite e32, 60lbs. 26.5" DL. Easton axis cut at 28" with 75 grn inserts and 100 grn heads. 465 grns total weight.
    I'm behind the curve when it comes to bow tuning so hoping someone can atleast steer me in the right direction. Anyone know what the culprit could be causing this?
    Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

id start looking at your fletching hitting rest or maybe try shooting with no vanes and see if it straightens out- if so then u know your rest is possibly issue

have bow shop adjust the peep and d-loop when you are there at full draw

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
      id start looking at your fletching hitting rest or maybe try shooting with no vanes and see if it straightens out- if so then u know your rest is possibly issue

have bow shop adjust the peep and d-loop when you are there at full draw
      Thanks kingranch, I thought fetchings first thing and checked but look to clear. I'll try shooting a bare shaft though and see what happens

Comment

I’m no expert here but it looks like it’s launching nock high. At that range the fletching hasn’t had a chance to correct arrow flight.

I’m sure the archery shop,has you set up at center shot (the basic starting point but I’ve not seen a bow fully tune with just that setup. It requires some minor adjustments with the rest and possibly other things too) I would start with a paper tune to see for sure what the arrow is doing. If you have tons of time you could paper tune with bare shafts. Either way, a paper tune will correct major setup issues specific to your bow and shooting style.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks skiguy, I'll play with adjusting the nock point tonight and see if that helps

Comment

Cam timing is another culprit for vertical nock travel. Put the bow on a draw board or have someone watch the draw stops while you slowly draw. Make sure they hit at the same time.

Comment

Take one fletched arrow and one bare shaft. Shoot them at 20 yards. Compare each other. It will show you what is going on. If bare shaft is low and nock high. Then that is what your seeing.

This means cam sync can be out. It means cam sync is good but bow has bad nock travel and you need to unsync cams. You may be to high in the burger hole or the shaft is to weak for what you have. Or contact. I will say your arrow is long for a 26.5 Draw.

But looking at that picture that’s bad. What arrow spine are you shooting
              Last edited by enewman; 09-24-2018, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Just took it back up to the bow shop and they got it figured out. Turns out my rest wasn't dropping away fast enough and bottom fletchings were hitting... Adjusted the cord length and they are flying like darts now.
                Thank yall for the responses.

Comment

What archery shop do you use??

Comment

Comment

Gateway archery over off N Beach at
                      Originally posted by Lightning48 View Post
                      What archery shop do you use??

Comment

Jim is one of the best if not the best

Comment

I haven't met Jim yet, but I've heard the same thing from multiple people. Cody took one look at it and had it pegged so it must run in the family. Got nothing but great things to say about the place in my few visits there.

Comment

Glad you got it figured out. Now stop shooting towards those houses lol.

Comment

good job on the video to help get an answer.

Comment

Working...
                              X