Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waterfowl Hunters (Migratory Game Birds)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
    Never did listen to episode 1 or 2 but think the story really doesn't pick up till episode 3. Listened to the rest of them last night and today. Warden got handed a real **** sandwich. I do believe that he has his version of things and there may be more to the story.
    One thing that never got answered which was eluded to that they would get to was WHY was he selected to go after. He said that the undercover agent told him years after and he talked about the time he talked to him over the phone but that part was never brought up. I would be very interested in knowing why the feds decided he was a crooked outfitter.

Bc hes no angle.

I still say guides should not be able to shoot birds on guided hunts. In texas fishing guides can not keep a limit of fish why should guides able to shoot game. They are getting paid for a service not to be paid hunters/fisherman. I know this is not a popular opinion of mine and would take alot of incentive out of one wanting to be a duck guide as they dont make **** for a living.

Comment

Didn't finish it, but really felt for the guy. Not sure it has done anything for me to change my ways. I've always said in a party shoot, if someone says they knocked it down, fine. Put the bird on your strap. When you're done, stop shooting, and don't plan on me taking your birds if you go over.

Got a buddy of mine could be taking a **** and likes to claim every bird. If I shoot a bird, it goes on my strap and stays with me

Still like the group pick, so I guess after listening to this, we all need to write our Congressmen.

What I don't like about this story is how they waited for over 3 years to bring charges on the guy. It wasn't enough to put a fine on him day 1 of first offense, it was like, let me keep doing this until the statue of charges is about to run out, and then drop the hammer.

Money drives the train, so are the Feds really interested in protecting wildlife or their budget?

IMO, the first time they cought him doing something wrong he should have been cited. And if he is not cited on the spot, then boom, no coming back 3 years later.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post

Money drives the train, so are the Feds really interested in protecting wildlife or their budget?
        Even with that - they took 27 hunts worth of money , two undercover agents time. 52 agents time and hotels for a raid. And countless hours goin through computers and doing research. For $7,500 restitution?

Somethin ain’t adding for me..

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
          Ok I’ll play. I’ve listened to 13/15 parts - hope to finish today.
          As far as the podcast itself . Most of the time it is a grinddd to get through. The host is annoying AF sometimes interrupting for a stupid question. Sometimes it is hardly bareable which has led me weary to suggest the podcast to buddies. Half the episodes I swear Ryan is drunk. He literally goes round and round in circles saying the same shi. If I had a dollar everytime he notes “I used to be in law enforcement” I could (expensive thing here). I feel that the content was there but Ryan is such a terrible storyteller that it killed the podcast for me.

That being said - I understand what the feds did was messed up but after listening to Ryan talk for 13 hours my opinion is he sounds like a dope. If you run a successful business you have to take all measures to CYA and I don’t trust that he did that (obviously neither did the feds). When he lists all the stuff goin wrong in his life I’m kinda not surprised. (Not that I could forget he literally notes every happening in his life like 20-50 times).

I totally agree the law is unclear in tagging , separation etc and I will view it in a different light. However I hunt mostly solo and I’m not a guide so I’m less worried. Knowledge is power though.

I laughed when I read the bold / underlined part of your post. I listened to multiple episodes while driving to and from a few football games with my wife in the car and after about the 3rd episode my wife said almost the same exact thing as you.

Rwc

Comment

^im surprised she put up listening that long with you!!

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
              ^im surprised she put up listening that long with you!!
              Yes sir, but I must confess. After the second episode I would skip to the 15 to 20 minute mark of the podcast, in an a attempt to miss the annoying introduction, Kansas weather reports and play by play weekend softball games.

Hope all have a great weekend.

Rwc

Comment

^so true. Glad you shared though. I thumbed through a lot of the EOL podcasts and found a few good ones. Would recommend 435 it’s about hunting in Utah. I didn’t even know you could hunt swans in the US. 7 states!

Comment

I looked and couldn't find it on my ipohone podcast.

Comment

Following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve listened to about 1/2 of them so far, perfect example of saying 20 words when one would do.
                      My opinion, I agree that many of the laws in regards to migratory birds are vague and hard to follow and some of the stuff he was fined for is something that any and all of us have done.

I also believe the only reason he didn’t get tagged for much more was because he was smart enough to hire a good attorney. In these podcast he openly admits to breaking many laws worse than what they busted him for and bragged about it publicly to clients and friends. He shouldn’t have been so shocked to have feds all over him.

Comment

Also I think he is exaggerating how much he suspected the two guys as feds. I just googled “George Morrison federal game warden” and this article from 2009 was the first result,

Comment

On a side question how many of yall guys know a guide/outfitter that has been busted for breaking game laws or other laws. I know guides that have killed their own mother (yes they are still guiding here in texas), robbed banks, broken many game laws, been arrested for dealing drugs, burglary, theft, ect. I have hunted and fished with many of these guides over the years. Have seen their names recommended on this site and other social media sites.

Foiles had more of a brand with his calls and videos to lose when he went down. Alot of guides have been caught up in similar situations they just didnt have as much to lose or a name/brand that pretty much everyone in the industry knows.

Foiles wants to paint a picture that he broke some minor laws that everyone breaks on occasion. Ryan wants to just blame his misfortune on being associated with foles.

One of my college professors always said if you run with dogs that got fleas dont get mad when you get them.

Comment

If you don't know the laws ,then you deserve to get busted. When I was unsure about the interpretation of a law while guiding, I called the USFWS & talked to a federal warden. they used to have a public meeting in the Houston area where they would go over the laws & let you ask questions. I made sure to go to them. The tagging birds law was one of the 1st I asked about. It was a pain sometimes, but better than a ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                              On a side question how many of yall guys know a guide/outfitter that has been busted for breaking game laws or other laws. I know guides that have killed their own mother (yes they are still guiding here in texas), robbed banks, broken many game laws, been arrested for dealing drugs, burglary, theft, ect. I have hunted and fished with many of these guides over the years. Have seen their names recommended on this site and other social media sites.

Foiles had more of a brand with his calls and videos to lose when he went down. Alot of guides have been caught up in similar situations they just didnt have as much to lose or a name/brand that pretty much everyone in the industry knows.

Foiles wants to paint a picture that he broke some minor laws that everyone breaks on occasion. Ryan wants to just blame his misfortune on being associated with foles.

One of my college professors always said if you run with dogs that got fleas dont get mad when you get them.

If you did listen to every episode of Foles I am surprised of your take.

How can anyone go to federal prison for 13 months for misdemeanors and a gag order?

Why not just ticket him like everyone else would get?

It was personal and vindictive. They made an example out of him.

What about immunity for the other idiots that did way worse. Such as a 12 year old testifying against you?

Foles is a way better person than I would be when I got out.

To the OP thanks for turning me on to these two stories. Yes it has changed the way I will hunt moving forward.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Working...
                              X