X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mlmtx01 View Post
    Shady Rays
    Online only. Best warrante around.
    I bought some shady rays, the coating rubbed off in a month or two. They did replace them so I can attest to the warranty. I'll stick with Costas

Comment

Look at sierra trading post

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
        Bass pro has a big selection

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
        This. Go to BPS for selection then order online.

Comment

I've had Oakleys, tried shady rays, revant lens in oakleys, and several others. Finally bought Costa's and wont ever buy another brand. Clarity is WAY better than any of the others I've tried. Also look at Jomashop.com, some of the best prices I've seen on Costa's.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies.

I had figured either BP or Academy but wanted to make sure before making the trip out to the Rim.

Comment

Stay away from Costas with soft rubber parts like around the ears and nose area. That stuff comes off in a hurry. They have models with little to no soft rubber I suggest these.

Comment

steep and cheap

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                  Stay away from Costas with soft rubber parts like around the ears and nose area. That stuff comes off in a hurry. They have models with little to no soft rubber I suggest these.

X2.

Always wore oakleys for 10+ years. Wife bought me a pair of Costas. Clarity is wonderful. But then the rubber started falling off within 6 months.

I’ll stick with oakleys because they last much longer. Got one pair I’ve had for 6 years or so and still look almost new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You do realize that is covered for life in the warranty right?
                    Some people don’t want to deal with warranty stuff and that’s fine, but they will replace them for free if that happens. A lot of people don’t think about it before they toss them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                      X2.

Always wore oakleys for 10+ years. Wife bought me a pair of Costas. Clarity is wonderful. But then the rubber started falling off within 6 months.

I’ll stick with oakleys because they last much longer. Got one pair I’ve had for 6 years or so and still look almost new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Rubber issue is covered by warranty for life. Send them in and they’ll replace the frames

Comment

Costa used to blame sunscreen for that, but I thought they changed the material to remedy the problem. I own quite a few Costa glasses and really like the glass lenses and the plastic lenses with bifocals. Have not had the melting rubber pieces on any of the newer ones I own.

Comment

Originally posted by mlmtx01 View Post
                          Shady Rays
                          Online only. Best warrante around.
                          Got a pair for Christmas and have really been pleased.

Comment

If you go Costa, I’d recommend glass vs plastic. I recently sent a pair of mine in and upgraded to glass and I’m super pleased. Just something to think about...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah. I Am leaning towards something with 580G for everyday and flats fishing.

From what I’ve read it seems like mirror green or copper lens.

I didn’t include in op to try and avoid the great brand debate.

But figure I’ll check out a few others at the store too just in case.

Comment

Ima toss Kaenon out there. I wore Oakleys in the 90s, Costas in the 2000s, and been in Kaenons since 08.
                                IMO, they beat em all.
                                Can be difficult to find a store that carrys em.
                                Doesn't say made in China either.

Comment

Working...
                                X