Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4runner/Tacoma-Maybe Tundra mega thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We just gave our 2004 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4x4 to our daughter. She recently turned 16.

I drive a silver 2011 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-road 4x4 double cab.
    With American Outlaw wheels and a Bilstein 5100 lift in the front.

My wife has a white 2012 Toyota Tacoma Texas Edition 4x4 double cab with 28,000 miles on it. Hers has brand new Falken Wildpeak A/Tw3 10ply load rand E.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
      Spotted your truck yesterday, coincidentally... [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy...Moser owns one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by mww982 View Post

OME 3” lift kit
        SPC Upper Control Arms
        Coach Builder .5” bumper shins (to help with running when I get new wheels, she obviously needs them)
        Leer 100XR Shell

She needs new wheels as you ca

My white ‘18 CM came with those wheels, couldn’t take it so I had them powder coated black and left the center caps chrome. Like my best good uncle says, “I got to have a little jewelry”. Came out super sharp. I’ve seen a few other guys do it, too. I’ll try to post pics later, all I have on this phone are pics of pics on my old phone. Pm me and I’ll text ‘em if you want to see ‘em.

Comment

What are some opinions on the best cost effective way to achieve 2-3" of lift while keeping a slight rake and not killing ride quality? My TRD Off-Road Taco isn't a pavement queen and I'd like to get a little more tire clearance for when I go up in size. Also, with a 2.5" +/- lift, what tire size will clear without rubbing issues at full lock in turns? I see some guys just cranking up some Bilstein 5100's and achieving a couple of inches.
          Last edited by Pineywoods; 02-01-2020, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Good thread....Thanx

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
              What are some opinions on the best cost effective way to achieve 2-3" of lift while keeping a slight rake and not killing ride quality? My TRD Off-Road Taco isn't a pavement queen and I'd like to get a little more tire clearance for when I go up in size. Also, with a 2.5" +/- lift, what tire size will clear without rubbing issues at full lock in turns? I see some guys just cranking up some Bilstein 5100's and achieving a couple of inches.
              Bilstein 5100 is the answer. Buy the toytec kit to make it easier.

My old taco had bilstein set up and I can't honestly say the icon stage 2 I have currently is worth the additional $. Tome will tell.

I also had a uniball fail in less than 35k miles. Icon tried to say uniball is unreliable and tried to sell me the delta joint upgrade. I got my kit before delta joint was a thing. When I bought mine they sold the uniball as the greatest UCA ever. I told icon if another fails before 100k I won't be buying icon again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                I got right at 2 inches in the front with 5100s and they're not cranked all the way.

265 75s fit and dont rub and I run it like a ranger in the summer filling feeders

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gmagsdad View Post
                  My white ‘18 CM came with those wheels, couldn’t take it so I had them powder coated black and left the center caps chrome. Like my best good uncle says, “I got to have a little jewelry”. Came out super sharp. I’ve seen a few other guys do it, too. I’ll try to post pics later, all I have on this phone are pics of pics on my old phone. Pm me and I’ll text ‘em if you want to see ‘em.

If I go taller and wider with the 20” rims with the current wheel offset I’ll be pretty close to hitting the upper control arms. Going to go down to 18’s with a +25 offset and 295/70’s.

Comment

4runner/Tacoma-Maybe Tundra mega thread!

‘18 TRDOR
                    Pro grill, Morimoto amber LED fogs, Diamondback bed cover, Cali Raised Ditch lights, 31” grille bar and rear work lights. Meso Customs interior LED’s, ultimate turn signals, puddle pods, total tail stage 2, gas hole, coin tray and key fob. Aftermarket rearview mirror with homelink, and probly some stuff I’m forgetting. I’m struggling with lift vs no lift and tire selection right now.

Last edited by savin yours; 02-02-2020, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                      Awesome looking rigs felllas. I am looking hard at the Tacomas... For you fellas that have had previous generation Tacomas, how is the motor in the new generation Tacos compare??

For those with the four runners, do the back seats lay down and make a large flattish space??

Well I just went back to a Taco after having a third gen and then going to an F-150. This time around I looked hard for a second gen. I prefer the way the 4.0 and 5 speed auto combo performs to the 3.5 and 6 speed auto. Both solid trucks. I just prefer the 4.0

Comment

2016 Trail with Bilstein 5100's and Wheeler springs. It's been on all the Ouray jeep trails and a lot of other trails in Colorado and Moab. It doesn't wheel as well as a jeep but that's mostly because of the way the body sticks out. Lot's more cargo area though and I can sleep in the back of it stretched out and I'm over 6'.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here’s my 2010. 4.5” lift 35x12.50/20.

Comment

Good thread!

I've got a 2019 TRD Off Road 4x4, Double Cab, LWB, in the Quicksand (like pictured above). What are your opinions on leveling kits? I've had just the blocks up front on a previous Ford to level it out and I think I'd like something different. Looking at the 3 and 1 leveling kits and upgrading the stock Bilstein shocks.

Don't want to say money isn't a problem but I'd like to do it better this go around and not go cheap to save a buck. What do you guys think?

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                              I guess the Land Cruisers get the cold shoulder

Not completely...

Comment

Nice 60!

Comment

Working...
                                X