SKB bow case modification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SKB bow case modification

Well, I purchased an SKB bow case off craigslist for $20. Rushing to get the email sent and make sure it was mine I did not ask any questions, like, at all.
    Met the gentleman the next day, flopped a 20 spot in his hand and ran like hell with this brand new looking case before he changed his mind.

Anticipation killed me all the way home until I could lay my Z7 Extreme in her new bed. I get home, ran to the closet and pulled her out. Open the case slip her in...oh snap. My bow is 1.5" wider than the case...DOH!

Ok, so I bought a super expensive bow case for 90% off. Let's modify it to fit my bow. Measure from limb bolt to limb bolt. Mark case and hole drill. Check fit them modify hole size with battery powered dremel with cutoff wheel.

TaaaaDA!

Next step will be to fab plastic boxes at work and plastic weld over my holes to maintain our waterproof case.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Not bad, Now you can put any PVC caps to finish your project.

Comment

Dang you. I tired to buy that one yesterday. Dude was too far from. Heck of a buy for 20 bucks

Comment

That's my 3 straight "good deal". I bought a $10 youth wakeboard with bindings and a 1.25" RAM mount for my depthfinder for $20.

Wife has banned me from CL for 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
              That's my 3 straight "good deal". I bought a $10 youth wakeboard with bindings and a 1.25" RAM mount for my depthfinder for $20.

Wife has banned me from CL for 2 weeks.
              Hahah nice. Nothing wrong with catching deals.

Comment

Working...
              X