2018 Middle of North Texas Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone throw corn/roasted soybean mix?

I’ve used it in NE Texas with no better results than corn. Tried it during various periods throughout the year.

Thinking about trying some out in Jack County. Anyone use this with good results in my neck of the woods?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post

I’ve used it in NE Texas with no better results than corn. Tried it during various periods throughout the year.

Thinking about trying some out in Jack County. Anyone use this with good results in my neck of the woods?

Never tried that combo. Our deer are weird. We built cotton seed feeders and the deer never touched it. We put molassis tubs in the pens and they ran from it. I put out vanilla corn and the quail loved it. Who knows.

Comment

I use Mr. Buck on our place in Hardeman. It’s a corn and roasted soybean mix that smells like peanut butter. Our deer love it and it offers 16% protein that helps the antlers in the offseason and to put fat back on after the rut. As far as cottonseed, I’ve heard it takes awhile before the deer will eat it, if at all.

Comment

Don’t waste your money just buy corn are sweet feed the deer just seem to eat the corn and leave soybeans.

Comment

I’ve used an alfalfa pellet/corn mix since August. First year on the place and first place to use it so I can’t comment on much about it. But I will say I had far more bucks on camera than two other guys until late bow season (no one but us 3 uses cams). Then the hogs moved in on me. Took a couple weeks to shoot enough of them so they’d move on.

I may just keep using this mix. The alfalfa pellets get cleaned up pretty good and offer good protein without having to worry about it swelling in my spin feeder.

Comment

The last of the rat pack.

The wife got it done on an old buck we called Dean Martin.Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	24563816
              Last edited by Hillwhacker; 12-14-2018, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Very nice. Congratulations.

Comment

Headed out in about an hour. Wind isn't real good but I have nothing to lose.

Comment

The 5 of us on my lease In Quanah have been feeding that mix, (Mr. Buck), for several years, instead of protein, and it has paid off. Each year we see a little bit better quality deer. The 2 guys with demand feeders and feed pens have really seen an improvement in the number of deer. It has made me determined to build a pen! But, for the few dollars more that it costs to us it is worth it.

Comment

Y'all go kill one! I havnt seen the deer lease in 3 weeks and I'm jonesin!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        Y'all go kill one! I havnt seen the deer lease in 3 weeks and I'm jonesin!

Working this weekend just like every other. I'll do my best when I'm up there Tuesday through Thursday.

Comment

Wunderground must be a terrible app. Said NNW winds. It’s actually SW and perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                            He can tell the story of the one that got away

Great buck!!

Comment

This pig just showed up for the first time on game camera. Jeez.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tmkrueger View Post
                                Great buck!!
                                I like the last name TMkrueger. I share the same last name as you. Even spelt the same!

Comment

Working...
                                X