Any Grayson or Cooke county reports??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
    You’re probably pretty close to me then. I’m right off of 371 just north of 2383 by Walnut Bend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My old working grounds.. loved that area

Still go up there alot when going to cr 110 or 127 bluffs.. or take 106 across to 103.. lots of pretty country up there

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by hully1029; 11-20-2018, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Good deal! In the blind this mornin and 3 does so far. Left my **** release in the truck but brought a rifle just in case so looks like if senor muy grande steps out smoke pole is the only option ������*♂️

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefLA3 View Post
        Good deal! In the blind this mornin and 3 does so far. Left my **** release in the truck but brought a rifle just in case so looks like if senor muy grande steps out smoke pole is the only option ������*[emoji3603]
        Good luck! I'll be in far southeast Cooke this afternoon in a blind with the family. Hoping to drop another fatty doe.

Comment

In Grayson...I have had several doe and a few good bucks.... moving all day still... I am still seeing a lot of chasing.... this afternoon should be good... almost hit a deer last night on the way home...

Comment

Mine are getting closer and close to daylight. Passed the 7 up this morning waiting on his friend. They both followed a doe in to the camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I saw a mature buck and doe paired up 2 nights ago while pig hunting with thermal in S Grayson co.

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
                Mine are getting closer and close to daylight. Passed the 7 up this morning waiting on his friend. They both followed a doe in to the camera.

I’m in SE Grayson and haven’t had any large buck feeder sightings yet, but I do have a large resident buck consistently inspecting the doe’s around 8:30 am. He’s pretty stought with medium rack, so waiting to see if any other big boys come to visit his turf.

Also following your rut dates and the local weather to plan my upcoming hunts, so thanks for posting an update!

Comment

Originally posted by blide View Post
                  I’m in SE Grayson and haven’t had any large buck feeder sightings yet, but I do have a large resident buck consistently inspecting the doe’s around 8:30 am. He’s pretty stought with medium rack, so waiting to see if any other big boys come to visit his turf.

Also following your rut dates and the local weather to plan my upcoming hunts, so thanks for posting an update!

I feel like the Does aren’t quite receptive just yet. Still in the sort of spot and stalk phase it seems like for the bucks. They aren’t all out chasing them down justtt yet. Historically speaking, the week after Thanksgiving is when it turns all the way on for us. Last year there was a Buck shot on the 27th and we had multiple daylight sightings of all sorts of different bucks that week leading up to that.

I was really surprised to see two mature bucks together and be able to tolerate one another. That might have been why I only saw the 7 this morning because the other buck ran him off. Although, I figured the 7 would have won that disagreement since he weighs a good 10-20lbs more than the other. I guess body weight isn’t everything in the Deer world.

Comment

Sat this evening and had 5 does come in. Put up a new popup blind and soon as they came out, I was cold busted. There was more blowing going on than Harry Hines on a Saturday night.. gonna give that blind a rest and hit it next week..

Comment

Any updates out there? I'm going our tomorrow and Monday morning, so thought I would see how everyone is doing.

Comment

See young bucks chasing hard.. I usually gauge the rut by how many car vs deer crashes I work, and theres been several..

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                          I'm ready for the worst season ever to be over. Hopefully some of the bucks that I had pics of made it, they'll only be bigger next year. I'm bringing a dozer in after season to clear for some plots, I have to change something. These past 2 seasons have been terrible, I never would have thought I could have a season as bad as last year, this year blows it out of the water.

That was 2016. Here we are 2018 and it has gotten worse. My only explanation is more people hunting. Has to be. Land has divided and sold and everybody is hunting their 10 acre "ranch". It has gone from having some phenomenal deer to really not even having any mature bucks to hunt. Its not us pressuring it for sure. 5 sits total since season opened this year. Way less than we ever have.

Comment

We just don’t have a lot of 6-8 year old bucks. That age class is pretty much missing from the drought in 2011&2012

Comment

There were 7 bucks hit on 75 between County Line Rd and FM 1417 sometime today

Comment

Had a few 2 to 3 yr olds running around today. No doe's or big bucks. The wind was crazy though. - Hopefully rut gets cranked up soon on my area.

Comment

Working...
                                X