No announcement yet.

2018 Middle of North Texas Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a pretty good dove opener @ our lease between Throckmorton & Elbert. Absolutely covered up in birds Saturday morning but they were mostly gone overnight. I still managed to kill 42 in three hunts but it was hard hunting after the first day. Killed 4 pigs and caught a lot of fish. Can't wait to be sitting in my platform blind in 2.5 weeks awaiting the arrival of one of my 2 target bucks!

Comment

I live in Munday and hunt south of Red Springs. Our wheat is already up and looking good. The good news is, I'm also the guy that gets paid to spray the worms when they show up. That's how our lease works. Hunting for spraying. Works for both of us.

The Rusty Spur is always good. The owner is the daughter of a good customer of mine. She also recently bought the Smokey Bros. restaurant. Now called The Big Empty. BYOB and live music on the patio Sunday evenings. Good grub as well. It's on Hwy 82 west of the light.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
        Love me some rusty spur!
        The owner of the Rusty Spur recently bought the BbQ joint.It has been renamed The Big Empty BBQ.👍

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan C View Post
          I live in Munday and hunt south of Red Springs. Our wheat is already up and looking good. The good news is, I'm also the guy that gets paid to spray the worms when they show up. That's how our lease works. Hunting for spraying. Works for both of us.

The Rusty Spur is always good. The owner is the daughter of a good customer of mine. She also recently bought the Smokey Bros. restaurant. Now called The Big Empty. BYOB and live music on the patio Sunday evenings. Good grub as well. It's on Hwy 82 west of the light.
          Originally posted by crowmagnum View Post
          The owner of the Rusty Spur recently bought the BbQ joint.It has been renamed The Big Empty BBQ.👍
          I am going to go eat at "The Big Empty" just because I love me some Stone Temple Pilots

Comment

Originally posted by crowmagnum View Post
            Stud 8pt is a protein hog too😀
            Some great deer Jeff!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkins View Post
              Will stay tuned to this thread. I live on the young/Jack county line. We just got 3" of rain this week. Hogs are hammering the feeders.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I know right where you are!!! Taken any late night Ranger rides lately ?? 🤦*♂️

Also- Have you seen this guy? This is the only pic I can find

Comment

We may have accidentally interrupted some people late at night! Lol sorry bout that.

No haven't seen that deer. Ive had a feeder going but haven't had a camera up since last season.

I told Mike yall will have to come around one day and have a beer!
                Originally posted by clayg08 View Post
                I know right where you are!!! Taken any late night Ranger rides lately ?? [emoji1751]*[emoji3603]

Also- Have you seen this guy? This is the only pic I can find

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkins View Post
                  We may have accidentally interrupted some people late at night! Lol sorry bout that.

No haven't seen that deer. Ive had a feeder going but haven't had a camera up since last season.

I told Mike yall will have to come around one day and have a beer!

Let’s just say her first trip to the lease was a memorable one [emoji3]

And, I’m always down for a beer [emoji106]

Comment

Looks like rain this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by clayg08 View Post
                      Let’s just say her first trip to the lease was a memorable one [emoji3]

And, I’m always down for a beer [emoji106]
                      Let's hear the story!

Comment

We put out 9 cameras last week. Gonna wait till next week to check them out. We have never been a big camera using lease. I would rather just go out and see what shows up. One of our guys got a fancy drone. I guess we will see what the bad boy will do. Like Darts said I think most of us are supposed to get some rain. Our folks have not planted yet.
                        Anyone planted and battling army worms yet?

Comment

Weather forecast looking decent for the opener. 30% Saturday and 60% Sunday with high/low at 78/58.

Was 20% and high/low of 74/55.

I’m 99% sure I’m going regardless of rain unless it’s a torrential downpour. I’m just hoping a lease mate decides to go. My 2wd might not make it to the cabin without some assistance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post
                            Weather forecast looking decent for the opener. 30% Saturday and 60% Sunday with high/low at 78/58.

Was 20% and high/low of 74/55.

I’m 99% sure I’m going regardless of rain unless it’s a torrential downpour. I’m just hoping a lease mate decides to go. My 2wd might not make it to the cabin without some assistance.

Where is your place?

Comment

Called the rancher in Vernon today. He said not even bother coming up this weekend. Too much rain to get through any of our pastures. Oh well. No camera card pulling or dove hunting for me this weekend. Hopefully it'll be dry enough by next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                Where is your place?

Near Jacksboro.

Comment

Working...
                                X