Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw a nice 10 point cross the road after a doe Saturday around noon

Comment

Only seen a few shooters, other than the friggin studs everyone keeps bringing into the processor/taxi..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

keep the reports coming. Saw a spike ran over in Gunter this morning, and a 6 or 7pt on 75 near Melissa.

Comment

I've worked 2 deer vs car on 82 between lindsay and Muenster. Both with 100yards of each other. Both young, but spectacular potential. One Wednesday, one friday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

I hunted Grayson this morning. Used a doe decoy and a small 8 pt buck came in to check her out @9:30. He circled her for about 20 min then ate little corn. Decoy had doe urine on her and he didn't tackle it. I still think we are a week away from rut at our place. Cold weather/front hits Friday night. Saturday may be goooood!

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
              I would chalk it up to that logo in the bottom left corner of your trail cam pic. I have a couple of them as well and when the batteries get below about 50% the sensor does not work unless you walk right up to the thing. As soon as I put fresh batteries in it starts working like normal again.
              It took 200 pics a couple weeks back. Right around the time everyone on here started saying the bucks were rolling in acorns, the photos let up.

That said, this is year three with this camera so it's life-expediency is almost run out, brand aside!

Comment

Anyone hunting this week?

Comment

More and more sign

I hunted the evening hunts Fri, Sat, and Sun last week. Still not much in the way of feeder activity during the day. A small 8 and doe on Sat at noon. Lots of new scrape and rub sign showing up around my hunting zone. Had a decent 16" short tine 3 yr old come by me Sat evening at 10 yds. He got a pass. Holding out for one particular deer or maybe a new one I have yet to see. Hope the cold front this weekend sours some acorns and gets them on their feet. Have seen a few crusin around 8 am and then right at dark. Gotta keep at it. It only takes being in the right place at the right time once to bag a giant.

Comment

Any reports today?

Comment

Hunted Monday morning and yesterday evening, in two different stands. Zero deer activity

Comment

I'll be in the stand all day, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Comment

I will be checking cameras here in about an hour. We shall see when and what is moving.

Cold weather seems to make these deer move more than anything. Looks like we will be getting exactly what we were waiting on this weekend.

Comment

Glad to be hunting but it's hot ! Acorns are raining down still. B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm starting to see some does come into heat. Jumped a shooter midday Sunday holding close to a doe, saw him again the next day bedded down with her. Still getting plenty of pics of does with yearlings or in groups. Only seen young bucks so far on the prowl.

Comment

I'm thinking of trying a doe decoy at some point this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X