2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Katch66 View Post
    All of my bucks are hard horned except for this one.
    great buck...you got some BB2 on the ground in front of the camera?

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
      great buck...you got some BB2 on the ground in front of the camera?
      There is a protein feeder to the right of the camera.

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
        Pictures have been pretty slow on our Cherokee Co place so far. Anytime we put corn out it loads up with pigs so I have stopped feeding all together and just running old school hunting tactics. Once acorns start dropping I’ll be able to dial in a couple of trees that will be good, but for now I’ll just do what I always do and wing it. Between a demanding work schedule and a tournament fishing schedule that seemed never ending I was pretty slow getting started but I had some pretty good info to go off of. I won’t be home until the 3rd day of bow season, but it’ll be wide open every day for 14 when I get there. Best of luck to all of y’all this year.
        Yep, of course you know if we've got a good White Oak crop this year, you don't have to hunt deer, just hunt White Oak trees... The deer will be there... Better 'n a feeder any day!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          Yep, of course you know if we've got a good White Oak crop this year, you don't have to hunt deer, just hunt White Oak trees... The deer will be there... Better 'n a feeder any day!

You know I don’t fool with no feeders. If we have a good white oak crop it’ll be hard to pull me off of those gubment woods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
            Pictures have been pretty slow on our Cherokee Co place so far. Anytime we put corn out it loads up with pigs so I have stopped feeding all together and just running old school hunting tactics. Once acorns start dropping I’ll be able to dial in a couple of trees that will be good, but for now I’ll just do what I always do and wing it. Between a demanding work schedule and a tournament fishing schedule that seemed never ending I was pretty slow getting started but I had some pretty good info to go off of. I won’t be home until the 3rd day of bow season, but it’ll be wide open every day for 14 when I get there. Best of luck to all of y’all this year.
            I turned off one of my feeders due to pigs as well. Still hand corning my creek bottom stand though.

I have a feeling opening weekend of MLDP season is gonna be a big hog killing fest.

Comment

Another round of pics, “13/16” is still MIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

One camera in Marion Co. just getting hogs and coons. Same as this time last year. I spent more time in my bow stand with a 12 ga. Cool pic of the bobcat.

Comment

Comment

Starting argue and distinguish pecking orders at the diner table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
                      Starting argue and distinguish pecking orders at the diner table.
                      The Trinity County Sheriff's Department posted a video on FB last Friday, September 7, of two bucks that got locked up fighting earlier in the day and had to be cut free. Sadly one of them did not make it.

Comment

Largest buck I’ve seen is a yearling 6 point... why, why, why do I never see bachelor groups running around? Doesn’t matter how many cams or where they’re placed. Feeders, hand corn, or trails. Never see them. I know they’re here. That’s with 350 acres too. Rant over.

I finished discing today and plan on tossing out the seed this weekend or next. I still need to thin some hogs out before opening weekend though. Here’s a picture of the big boy who’s been roaming around.

Comment

Originally posted by Katch66 View Post
                          All of my bucks are hard horned except for this one.
                          Gooood Lord ! 15 days !!!

Comment

Ryan 81 are you feeding year round? Sounds like someone is out feeding you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post
                              Largest buck I’ve seen is a yearling 6 point... why, why, why do I never see bachelor groups running around? Doesn’t matter how many cams or where they’re placed. Feeders, hand corn, or trails. Never see them. I know they’re here. That’s with 350 acres too. Rant over.

I finished discing today and plan on tossing out the seed this weekend or next. I still need to thin some hogs out before opening weekend though. Here’s a picture of the big boy who’s been roaming around.

Don’t worry my place is the same i used
                              To worry yeas ago but realized my bucks just summer some where else...they will come, I’d rather be where they winter than where they summer [emoji1303]

Comment

I have a couple of places here at the house that I have been hard corning. Have not gotten a picture of a buck yet. Does every day and a occasional hog is all that is going in. My daughter has seen a few young bucks while out riding horses but apparently they are camera shy.

-john

Comment

Working...
                                X