Youth and Rodeo's 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
    My daughter had a great weekend of rodeoing. She won the poles on Friday night and got some cash. Ran her fastest time ever in the barrels on Saturday night and finished one spot out of the money. She was flying through the poles on Saturday night but knocked over the last pole. If she would have been clean she would have won poles again. Got a rodeo in Goldthwaite this coming weekend
    That's good stuff right there, congrats. Can't wait to see what she can do on her other horses.

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
    Good Deal. Riley had the Jr High Finals last week and it didn't go as planned. Friday she was in Weatherford trying horses. Think we found one that will take her to the next level. Getting Vet checked this week. He has over $40k in PRCA earnings which is what w were looking for. Sat she ran in the CPRA Rodeo in San Saba. Made a nice run but not in the money. This week she will Run in Stephenville Tuesday night, Llano Friday night and Bandera Sat night. If we get this new horse we will really make a push to get to the CPRA finals.
    Heck Yeah Brandon. I can see big things in Riley's future...

We had an off weekend this week. Small playday Saturday and waiting on my daughter to make a decision on going to the Cowboys for Indians barrel race Sunday.

Comment

Well we are headed to Goldthwaite in the morning after a couple of meetings I have. My son is going this weekend. So 3 horses and two kids will be in tow. Should be a great weekend of rodeo

Comment

Well we are headed to Goldthwaite in the morning after a couple of meetings I have. My son is going this weekend. So 3 horses and two kids will be in tow. Should be a great weekend of rodeo
        How did ya'll do in Goldthwaite?

Sarah finished out the series in Blanco strong and added another buckle to her growing collection. 3 firsts and a second place to finish in the top spot in the 8-10 division. Up next is our district 4H show next week.

Comment

Riley had a so so weekend. Made a good run in Llano and was just out of the money in the open. In Bandera I think she was 4th on Jesse. This weekend she will run in Stonewall at the Peach Jamboree !!!! I haven't been in a long time but when I was rodeoing it was one of my favorite open rodeos.

Comment

Riley had a so so weekend. Made a good run in Llano and was just out of the money in the open. In Bandera I think she was 4th on Jesse. This weekend she will run in Stonewall at the Peach Jamboree !!!! I haven't been in a long time but when I was rodeoing it was one of my favorite open rodeos.
            What night is she up? Sarah and I may come watch. I was thinking of going up there since it is so close.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
              What night is she up? Sarah and I may come watch. I was thinking of going up there since it is so close.
              Hopefully Friday Night.

Comment

Hopefully Friday Night.
                Well let me know. I think Sarah would enjoy watching Riley run.

Comment

Well let me know. I think Sarah would enjoy watching Riley run.
                  Will Do. She mostly likely will be riding her new pony!!!

Comment

How did ya'll do in Goldthwaite?

Sarah finished out the series in Blanco strong and added another buckle to her growing collection. 3 firsts and a second place to finish in the top spot in the 8-10 division. Up next is our district 4H show next week.
                    Congrats to your daughter.

We did OK. My son rode the new horse on Friday night and loped a barrel and pole pattern. He had never been on the horse so it was good. On Saturday night he rode his normal horse and was not ready for the speed the horse wanted to go. He corrected him on barrels but broke the pattern in the poles.

My daughter blew past the first barrel on Friday night. She rode the new horse on Saturday night and ran a barrel and pole pattern on him about 1/2-3/4 speed and did really well on him and looked good

Overall the kids had fun and so did I but it made for a long weekend. The new horse seems like he is going to work just needs more seasoning on the barrels and poles. Everyone likes him though and we have had several people try and buy him from us. As of now he is not for sale

Comment

Congrats to your daughter.

We did OK. My son rode the new horse on Friday night and loped a barrel and pole pattern. He had never been on the horse so it was good. On Saturday night he rode his normal horse and was not ready for the speed the horse wanted to go. He corrected him on barrels but broke the pattern in the poles.

My daughter blew past the first barrel on Friday night. She rode the new horse on Saturday night and ran a barrel and pole pattern on him about 1/2-3/4 speed and did really well on him and looked good

Overall the kids had fun and so did I but it made for a long weekend. The new horse seems like he is going to work just needs more seasoning on the barrels and poles. Everyone likes him though and we have had several people try and buy him from us. As of now he is not for sale

How late did both nights run. We went last yr and left at 2:00 in morning sad to hell with it and just donated the entry fees.LOL

Comment

How late did both nights run. We went last yr and left at 2:00 in morning sad to hell with it and just donated the entry fees.LOL
                        We made it back to Comanche at 3am Saturday morning and 3:30am Sunday morning. It was a long weekend and a ton of riders

Comment

We made it back to Comanche at 3am Saturday morning and 3:30am Sunday morning. It was a long weekend and a ton of riders
                          Yeah. Thats why I don't like going to them. So glad Riley is at the Level she can compete at the CPRA rodeos. But lord knows I've been to my share of those all day and night Marathons!!! The AJRAs aren't to bad either. Those kids at all age groups go in running all out.

Comment

Yeah. Thats why I don't like going to them. So glad Riley is at the Level she can compete at the CPRA rodeos. But lord knows I've been to my share of those all day and night Marathons!!! The AJRAs aren't to bad either. Those kids at all age groups go in running all out.
                            We have to pay our dues right now especially working on some new horses. Hopefully the kids will end up competitive enough to move into larger associations events. My daughter has now decided she wants to rope as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowed C View Post
                              Tres and his partner won the The TJHR Region 8 Team Roping saddled. Tres also placed 3rd in tie down in rodeo 10. Super proud Dad!
                              [ATTACH]896653[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]896654[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]896655[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]896656[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]896657[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]896658[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]896659[/ATTACH]

Thats awesome!! Congrats

Comment

in

Comment

Working...