Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See yall shortly! Going in blind.

Comment

Well, walked less than 1 mile and counted 3 lock on and 1 double ladder with a spypoint micro. I waved.

Wind is crazy and maelde me cold this morning. While walking back to truck jumped a doe. Best sign I found was near the road. 4 rubs and quite a bit of poo. Setup on it now.

Comment

Yup

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
        Well, walked less than 1 mile and counted 3 lock on and 1 double ladder with a spypoint micro. I waved.

Wind is crazy and maelde me cold this morning. While walking back to truck jumped a doe. Best sign I found was near the road. 4 rubs and quite a bit of poo. Setup on it now.
        YEEHAW!

I'll be out there frequently this week.

Hopefully the cold weather will keep everything moving.

Does anybody have any luck with calls?

Comment

Got my first public land doe during thanksgiving. Man was that fun dragging it out. There were so many people out there Sunday morning.

Since this cold front push through I've had some good activity.

Saw someone spilled some golden acorns in the parking lot...

Comment

Planning on hunting Wednesday morning if kiddos don't throw a curveball at me. Haven't been able to get up there and hunt any since I scouted. Just excited to be outside, if I see anything that is just icing on the cake

Comment

Came across a couple of cameras. One labeled 6
              on top and a muddy not far from it. Figured it might be one of your guys

Comment

Well I lost a big boar yesterday. He staggered off slowly abd collapsed u see a tree I was celebrating early because after a few minutes of rolling he got up abd staggered off. I think I broke both his shoulders, I used the heaviest arrow I have, 250 spine grizz stik, 100 grain outsert with a 315 gr single bevel huge head. He should have a glowing green nocturnal. I also lost a boar a couple weeks ago with a light deer arrow (cut down gold tip). If anyone finds one of these boars let me know I’d love to retrieve my grizzly stik abd see the skull. TIA

Comment

What area?

Originally posted by forest-hunter View Post
                  Well I lost a big boar yesterday. He staggered off slowly abd collapsed u see a tree I was celebrating early because after a few minutes of rolling he got up abd staggered off. I think I broke both his shoulders, I used the heaviest arrow I have, 250 spine grizz stik, 100 grain outsert with a 315 gr single bevel huge head. He should have a glowing green nocturnal. I also lost a boar a couple weeks ago with a light deer arrow (cut down gold tip). If anyone finds one of these boars let me know I’d love to retrieve my grizzly stik abd see the skull. TIA
                  What area? Will be out there this week.

Would love to know if you got the huge boar I have been stalking!

Lol, thought the thing was a fallen oak in a creek bed until it got up and trotted away from me!

Comment

Originally posted by scottimus View Post
                    What area? Will be out there this week.

Would love to know if you got the huge boar I have been stalking!

Lol, thought the thing was a fallen oak in a creek bed until it got up and trotted away from me!
                    it was in Yeghua, there are so many hogs out there I’ve bumped in to some Sounders that I think could of had well over 50 hogs. But I was really disappointed to lose the big one.

Comment

Anybody on here been duck hunting the WMAs or just the main lake this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 97JeepGuy View Post
                        Anybody on here been duck hunting the WMAs or just the main lake this year?

I e seen several duck hunters walking in then walking back out. The ponds and areas that usually hold water have been bone dry all season.

Comment

Aph booklet says you can bait for hogs apr 1 to aug 15.do any of you do this?

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
                            I have never done it because when I’ve gone out there during the warm months I’ve run into moccasins anywhere there’s water. One of the private land owners out there told me to watch out for timber rattlers but I haven’t ever seen one.

Comment

No one baits for the hogs.....lol let's be real lol

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Somerville 2020/21

I’ve thought about it, but never have. I have gotten tons of night pictures of hogs, but nothing during the day. I have stalked hogs pretty easily out there too. Way more pigs and less pressure than Granger, but it thickly thick out here.

Comment

Working...
                                X