No announcement yet.

Proper way to tow a jeep???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rent uhaul car hauler. Don't overthink it. Uhaul get's stolen (it won't it's a uhaul), who cares.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
      Rent uhaul car hauler. Don't overthink it. Uhaul get's stolen (it won't it's a uhaul), who cares.
      This is what I did with a Wrangler when my boys were in school. It's just a 4 banger so not fun to drive on the highway but great around town.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
        I was going to say the same thing. Cheap, easy and you only have to take it one way.

Comment

My suggestion is to change your panties to boxers and tell your wife your daughter needs to learn independence.

If that fails, do what the owner's manual says...as recommended by others. See their pictures above.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
            My suggestion is to change your panties to boxers and tell your wife your daughter needs to learn independence.

If that fails, do what the owner's manual says...as recommended by others. See their pictures above.
            Great advise. That kid has to be independent if she is going to be 9.5 hours away from momma.

Comment

Originally posted by Lampasas View Post
              I was going to say the same thing. Cheap, easy and you only have to take it one way.
              another vote for the uhaul trailer

Comment

Originally posted by 41Chevy View Post
                We had more mileage on the Jeep behind the motor home than driving. Just put transfer case in neutral and trans in park.
                Has to go 4 down or 4up on a trailer, never two down.
                Just remember that Texas requires a braking system for towed vehicles over 3500 pounds.
                Out of curiosity if your jeep is manual and not automatic would you just need to leave it in gear or a certain gear? Also, with the transfer case in neutral.

Comment

follow your owners manual flat towing ... I'd rent a haul car hauler and only pull one way... keep it simple, she can fly home and save mileage

Comment

Usually...with a wrecker.

Comment

Originally posted by 41Chevy View Post
                      We had more mileage on the Jeep behind the motor home than driving. Just put transfer case in neutral and trans in park.
                      Has to go 4 down or 4up on a trailer, never two down.
                      Just remember that Texas requires a braking system for towed vehicles over 3500 pounds.
                      I'm wondering why DPS does not enforce the braking system law for the trains headed to the border. Ive seen them have 3 on towbars hooked up and headed south. Half the time the lights don't even work right.

Good luck OP on whatever you decide.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWidowMaker View Post
                        Out of curiosity if your jeep is manual and not automatic would you just need to leave it in gear or a certain gear? Also, with the transfer case in neutral.

Transfer in N and trans in any gear to prevent parasitic drag from spinning the trans while it is not being lubricated.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWidowMaker View Post
                          Yes. Not sure which gear.

Comment

Thank you all for the advice.

The issue is not her knowing how to drive it is the mileage on the vehicle my wife is concerned with. We bought her a used jeep when she turned 16 and now she wants to keep driving it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Rent a u-haul car trailer and leave it there. Only have a hassle 1/2 the trip. They don't cost that much.

Comment

Working...
                              X