Damar Hamlin at game Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Voodoo View Post
    Now that we have slightly changed the subject, I have to ask…Walker, how many of those “over 100” you performed CPR on live? I’m looking for a pattern here
    We've had several that have come back to thank us. The ones who break are obvious. This isn't apples to apples. A professional athlete that takes and gives hits for a living, trains his muscles, tendons, ligaments, and yes, bones to do a job, will be much more resilient to compressor trauma than a person his same age that's sedentary in comparison. Ribs may break, but not completely, only crack. His issue with the hit that put him in arrest was where and how. Look at the video and see that he hit the brakes but the other player didn't. Physics says that energy has to go somewhere, so it was all transferred to his chest and heart. You can throw a heart out of rhythm just slightly with blunt force like that (precordial thump), but it all has to do with how well the heart can recover from it. If the rhythm can't regulate, then the other parts of the heart will start to kick in to maintain some form of perfusion. Even then, it's a backup, but may not be good enough to maintain consciousness or other neurological functions. Look up "intrinsic rate of the heart" . Each part does its own thing if the other doesn't work. He may not have flatlined, but could've been an irregular rhythm that required a jumpstart of defibrillation to get it organized again. Normal cardiac rehab patients take 8-12 weeks to recover from a stent. He had an arrest, defibrillation, compressions...it could be months or a year before he's back to competition level. Or not at all.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

All the media there and no one got a better picture or an interview? really not sure what to think about the whole situation but it certainly has some unanswered questions.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
        All the media there and no one got a better picture or an interview? really not sure what to think about the whole situation but it certainly has some unanswered questions.
        You know what to think, just like we all do. It was all bs lol

Comment

Who cares one way or the other?

Comment

Originally posted by firemanjj82 View Post
            We've had several that have come back to thank us. The ones who break are obvious. This isn't apples to apples. A professional athlete that takes and gives hits for a living, trains his muscles, tendons, ligaments, and yes, bones to do a job, will be much more resilient to compressor trauma than a person his same age that's sedentary in comparison. Ribs may break, but not completely, only crack. His issue with the hit that put him in arrest was where and how. Look at the video and see that he hit the brakes but the other player didn't. Physics says that energy has to go somewhere, so it was all transferred to his chest and heart. You can throw a heart out of rhythm just slightly with blunt force like that (precordial thump), but it all has to do with how well the heart can recover from it. If the rhythm can't regulate, then the other parts of the heart will start to kick in to maintain some form of perfusion. Even then, it's a backup, but may not be good enough to maintain consciousness or other neurological functions. Look up "intrinsic rate of the heart" . Each part does its own thing if the other doesn't work. He may not have flatlined, but could've been an irregular rhythm that required a jumpstart of defibrillation to get it organized again. Normal cardiac rehab patients take 8-12 weeks to recover from a stent. He had an arrest, defibrillation, compressions...it could be months or a year before he's back to competition level. Or not at all.

I could make the argument that he has a higher likelihood of microfractures and tears since he is a football player, making cracked ribs even more possible. Or to take your position to the logical end, since he is young, athletic, and resilient, he should rehab quickly compared to your normal cardiac patient.

The bottom line is we are speculating because everyone is being hush-hush about it, and that is leading to rumors and hearsays. Why not be open about it? If he's in really rough shape, why not be honest? If he is in great shape, why not be honest? Why shouldn't his medical history be out there for all to see?

Comment

Do other NFL players hide medical history?

Comment

Originally posted by firemanjj82 View Post

I would no way recommend returning to professional contact sports after that. But I'll let the homeopath's on the green screen have that argument.

Comment

No matter which side of the fence you fall on as far as commodio cortis or not, jabbed or unjabbed, there is something suspicious about the whole thing. WHY?

If it was commodio cortis why haven’t doctors and the media let everyone know that’s just what it was? If it was a jab side effect I could see them trying to hide it. I watched the bills game this weekend and thought the situation was a bit odd. If he is doing much better wouldn’t the nfl and media be pumping that up? If he was doing bad wouldn’t they want him to be in peoples prayers again to heal? It left me with lots of questions. I find it odd that there’s a lot of people who never seem to question anything and accuse others of being nuts for just having questions.

Comment

BOOM. Game over. Buckle up.

Sent from my LE2127 using Tapatalk

Comment

Could a moderator please move this to the PACE forum?

Comment

Originally posted by Duane View Post
                        No, it's Sports related.

Comment

We are all concerned that our favorite players could be at risk of this type of injury again, and want to know for sure what the cause was so we can do our part to help mitigate any future injuries in the NFL.

"If it saves just one life"

Comment

Why?? So you can go there to look at it and comment, like you are now.. Whats the difference? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                              I think he was there and actually played in the game. Minimum of two series.
                              They were transporting him back and forth from his nice and cozy booth to the field by means of teleportation. "Beam me up Scotty"

Sounds about as legit as some of y'alls theories

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
                              it is silliness -

Comment

in

Comment

Working...
                                X