Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
    2005 4l60e
    I figured so! You definitely can not do that with these newer 1/2 ton trannys!

Comment

My 2019 High Country has the 10 speed and no dip stick. Since it was jointly developed by Ford and GM I hold my breath every time I put it in gear since it has Ford fingerprints all over it.

Comment

My 2019 High Country has the 10 speed and no dip stick. Since it was jointly developed by Ford and GM I hold my breath every time I put it in gear since it has Ford fingerprints all over it.
        I hold my nose erry time I get on the road in my 2 gm vehicles- Seriously! It’s a crying shame that Gm had to get Ford help them build a quality transmission!

Now back to normal maintenance intervals

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
          What is Luck?
          It’s what you need a lot of if you have no brains.

Comment

Never flush it. If you want to let it go without changing it, at least put Amsoil in it. Same with your diff.

Comment

I would never flush. Maybe fresh fluid and filter. My ford f150 simply says to check level even up to 200k mile service.

My sequioa made well past 200k and never changed.

Comment

What causes trans to fail after a flush?

Comment

My truck just rolled over 90k and I changed it. I will do it again in another 100k miles. I believe in fluid change and filter change. NOT flush. The older fluid in the torque converter with the newer percentage of fluid maintains a healthy balance in my opinion. Those that do nothing till its black and the unit is failing, go right ahead. I have had several vehicles make it till 300k miles on the original trans with never a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                    Hmmm…. What does knocking on wood do?
                    Knocking on wood is a Pagan ritual, something about forest spirits.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
                      What causes trans to fail after a flush?
                      From what I’ve been told, there is buildup on the clutches and other internal workings of the transmission when it has high mileage. When you do a flush it breaks up some of that crud, plus the detergents in the new fluid further break it all down. Next thing you know you have slipping clutches and a bad transmission.

Something along those lines.

Comment

Change it when its scheduled by Manufacturer.

Comment

I have 165,000 on my 15 F250 and asked my mechanic and he said at this point definitely don't touch it, he was local Ford service manager at one time. As far as earlier mileage no idea....

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                            Knocking on wood is a Pagan ritual, something about forest spirits.
                            Nailed It! Superstition

Comment

Are you implying ford could design a worse trans than GM!!??

Comment

If it is like the Ford tranny, the dipstick is down under, next to the transmission pan.

Comment

Working...
                                X