No announcement yet.

What's best auto battery for the $

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, just got battery checked at O'Riley's and Walmart and both tests show that battery is good.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
      I got 7 years out of a Ford OEM battery, then 6 years out of its identical replacement, and 4 so far from an Interstate that I doubt will last another 2 years.
      Money well spent.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat00 View Post
        Well, just got battery checked at O'Riley's and Walmart and both tests show that battery is good.
        You need to get you a battery charger. I charge the batteries on trucks I don’t use every day every once in a while. They usually Need it.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat00 View Post
          What symptoms led you to thinking battery was bad?

What vehicle?

Comment

Had good luck with Interstate

Comment

I’m an interstate fan . Just used warranty to get one replaced about two weeks . Had 5 year full replacement.

Comment

There are good and bad batteries from EVERY source. My recommendation is to find a battery source that has stores all over where you normally go which makes changing them out down the road a LOT easier. Then buy you a good battery from them that comes with a 2 or 3 year free replacement.

OEM batteries do tend to last the longest. The longest lasting set I’ve ever dealt with were 13 years old when they were replaced. Factory International batteries on the school bus I used to drive. It was a 2007 model bus and the batteries lasted till 2020!

Comment

Ford OEM in my 17 and it's just now starting to lag a touch. It'll either get a Walmart, Sam's, or OEM when I buy another.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                    I've certainly gotten my money's worth from Walmart Maxx yeller and black battereis for my trucks.

Same.... WM batteries for 20 years in two vehicles

Comment

Wal Mart. They are all over the Planet and carry a good warranty

Comment

Wal Mart ... The last me 4-5 yrs . This year had to replace 4, but two in the truck and two in tractor. I always replace both at the same time and use the "good" one on the gate or cameras.

Comment

I've run interstate for years on my vehicles, 4 wheeler, and lawn mowers. I got tired of cleaning terminals, being told the corrosion was a Ford thing, and having batteries just go bad right after the full replacement warranty ran out leaving me to pay around $250ish with the help of prorated warranty for a new one.
                          I recently replaced the battery in my truck with an X2Power AGM battery from batteries plus bulbs. It was pricey, but comes with a full 48 month free replacement warranty. Last I checked, my terminals were as corrosion free as a new truck too...

Comment

Interstate for me. I try to replace batteries when I replace tires.

Comment

Probably time to change factory Motorcraft batteries in my ‘19 F350 this winter. Will look at Interstate AGM. Tired of the acid damage.

Comment

I've had good luck with the ones from Sam's. I'm done with interstate. There warrantee sucks

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X