No announcement yet.

2 Bald Eagles shot in East Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eagles are chicken killing machines. I suspect they got into someone's poultry is what happened. Given that it can be a federal offence to kill them, I'd have let them slide, but not everyone (especially in east Texas) thinks it's cool to watch their chickens get slaughtered..

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
      Y'all might as well burn some flags if one of the greatest symbols of America and freedom just doesn't do it for you
      X2!

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
        Y'all might as well burn some flags if one of the greatest symbols of America and freedom just doesn't do it for you

The symbolism it represents to our Nation and the reality of the animal is two different things. There’s several eagles around where I live in the piney woods. The Trinity river is only about 10 miles away and several of them nest there. They can represent freedom, strength, power, and whatever else you want them to.
        Reality is they feast on road kill right with the buzzards around here most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by npe001 View Post
          no sir, more like snow leopard backstrap. But seriously, not sure why you would want to kill an eagle
          i would never kill an eagle i'm from nacogdoches. but i'm about a straight

as it goes if you can't take a little humor i'm sorry!! you do t know my story so get over it

Comment

20 + yrs ago I was on a lease in Sonora. The rancher told me one day that I didn't see anything if an eagle showed up dead. Said they killed the goat kids. I told him what eagles. Just another buzzard. Used to have to race them for geese that sailed out after shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
              They will pay more and spend more time in jail than someone actually killing a person.
              No joke! But what kind of arsehole shoots bald eagles? Crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                Never had a buzzard kill my chickens
                Buzzards will dang-sure kill a newborn calf though! I think all of this shooting of "protected" animals should just be kept on the down-low by those who will do it. That said, it's always a big thrill to see a bald eagle around here. America!

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
                  Buzzards will dang-sure kill a newborn calf though! I think all of this shooting of "protected" animals should just be kept on the down-low by those who will do it. That said, it's always a big thrill to see a bald eagle around here. America!

I have seen buzzards kill newborn calves. Very sad.

Comment

We have some at our farm in Harrison county. They eat tilapia as fast as they can catch them. They eat a lot of bass too but only when they are up shallow.

My dad watched the pair working together one day killing cattle egrets. He said it was impressive but sad to witness. The egrets won’t come around our farm like they used to and our fishing ponds have suffered since the eagles moved in. They are killing machines for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Home of the brave and hungry...

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdaddy View Post
                        wonder if they taste like chicken
                        Not really taste more like spotted owl

Comment

I see them on the water at Whitney almost every year. And have seen them at other lakes as well.

Comment

Don’t shoot these either but many people think they are seeing bald eagles in east Texas but they are seeing Osprey which can look very similar.

Comment

Originally posted by TXHunter12 View Post
                              Don’t shoot these either but many people think they are seeing bald eagles in east Texas but they are seeing Osprey which can look very similar.
                              This may be the case in some instances, but I do believe most people on here can tell by the size of the birds in whether it’s an eagle or not. The eagles numbers have definitely increased since I have moved back in 2015 to East Tx from my observations.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                                The symbolism it represents to our Nation and the reality of the animal is two different things. There’s several eagles around where I live in the piney woods. The Trinity river is only about 10 miles away and several of them nest there. They can represent freedom, strength, power, and whatever else you want them to.
                                Reality is they feast on road kill right with the buzzards around here most of the time.

Sad way of thinking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X